Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Major revamp for Sky Sports...

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Although I might even get into that given the lack of sport this summer.

What on earth are you on about? I can't recall a summer that's so packed with sporting events,

In just a few months we have in football: the u20s WC, the U21s Euros and the Women's Euros. In rugby: the Lions tour of NZ (the first one in 12 years) and the Women's WC, In cricket: the Champions Trophy, Eng v SA (always a juicy series) and the Women's WC. In hockey, there's the World League (which serves as WC qualifier) and in athletics, we have the World Championships held in London.

.., and all that is on top of the usual tennis, gold, cycling events that are held every year

Last Sat was great: started off at 8.30 with the Lions and watched Eng v India until 5. This Sat will be even better as Mrs G is out all day so I'll be able to have a 12-hour binge.

I wish every summer had this much on

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Quitting is much easier if you just have TV with them, if you have TV broadband and phone it's a bit more of a hassle but you could probably get by with your mobile for a few days before they start calling you with the £20ish offer.
You can just quit the TV section, they should still make you an offer on that.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well I overheard a bloke in Aldi saying he watched all of the PL football for free in nigh on HD over the internet. Was going to ask him for more info but I got into a row about vouchers at the till and the chance was lost. :shrug:
:lol:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Yes, that's the normal charges. But for £12 more you can get a second box that is meant to go in the bedroom. This box mirrors everything available on the first. I wonder how many have this second box in their childrens house or even overseas.

Ooh, and little Johnny is gonna have a right meltdown if you take his heroes (Aguero, Kane, and Messi etc) out of his bedroom, good luck everyone :lol:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
What on earth are you on about? I can't recall a summer that's so packed with sporting events,

In just a few months we have in football: the u20s WC, the U21s Euros and the Women's Euros. In rugby: the Lions tour of NZ (the first one in 12 years) and the Women's WC, In cricket: the Champions Trophy, Eng v SA (always a juicy series) and the Women's WC. In hockey, there's the World League (which serves as WC qualifier) and in athletics, we have the World Championships held in London.

.., and all that is on top of the usual tennis, gold, cycling events that are held every year

Last Sat was great: started off at 8.30 with the Lions and watched Eng v India until 5. This Sat will be even better as Mrs G is out all day so I'll be able to have a 12-hour binge.

got to say they are all gash apart from the U21 Euros.

Womens Euros , womens Hockey

lol

cocamalia

Jan 1, 2011
I've just signed up and they were clearly very keen to offer a good deal. £40 a month for 18 months - all Sky channels in HD - Sport, Movies, Box Sets sets. Doesn't feel too bad.

I'll re-negotiate then.

Competition is working, as others have said.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010

The Lions I give you. Last weeks game was fantastic at times even if it wasn’t even close in the end. Top level sport is always a good watch and that is certainly the centrepiece of this weekends sport. Likewise the SA tests will be good – They always are.

I appreciate this reads a bit like ‘Put your knickers on and make me a cup of tea luv’ from 1970 but I generally have no little interest in womens team sport. I also find it bemusing the arguments that go around about equal pay given the disparity between the amount of people who watch it and the associated TV deals. Womens Cricket, football or Rugby is up there with dressage in terms of likelihood of putting on the telly. Horses for courses but not for me. Equally, the U21’s football whilst I can watch it isn’t something I have any emotional involvement in. I laughed when Redmond missed his Pen last night. When Waddle did his party piece in 1990, I was gutted for days afterwards.

There is more than enough horse racing to keep me occupied but the bottom line for me is that it’s not the same without a World Cup or European Championship in the summer albeit FIFA are doing their best to ruin the next 2 World Cups

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
There is more than enough horse racing to keep me occupied but the bottom line for me is that it’s not the same without a World Cup or European Championship in the summer albeit FIFA are doing their best to ruin the next 2 World Cups

If you think sport = football, then I grant you that there's not so much going on but for the rest of us, this summer is great.

And while I'm really looking forward to the Lions matches, I actually prefer women's rugby to men's these days. There's more emphasis on running and passing and less emphasis on trying to batter a way through defences - it reminds of rugby in the 60s and 70s.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
In theory the fibre can be up to 200g, but not in the environment you need it.

Regarding the copper, I would look at least in putting CAT6 or find some cheap CAT6A on ebay.

Ok thanks. Apparently I need (about) 5Mbps to stream an HD movie from say, Netflix, and currently get at least 60 hardwired. I'll suffer with any dropouts I think, thanks though. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here