Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lads Football Alliance March Against Extremism

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
So - to be clear. The media underestimate the turnout for a peaceful march and hype up the small (and inevitable) group of idiots that use the opportunity to make trouble? As someone that has been involved in organising protest in the past I can only say welcome to our world! Obviously you are trying to destroy democracy and create an insurrection...

I had never heard of the FLA before yesterday. It is not a great name and I will admit that it triggers my prejudices. But I am at least aware of that. So I promise I will put those aside and find out more with a genuinely open mind.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

How am I trying to destroy democracy and create a insurrection and more to the point how are the FLA trying to destroy it.??? I shall tell you who is trying to wreck democracy and it certainly isn't the FLA.. it is the media fella and their biased reporting and the lack of it when needed.
Fair enough if you have an open mind and are prepared to check the group out for yourself but to be prejudice over something you know nothing about ??? have you any idea why they were marching ? they are a pressure group not a political group.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
20 thousand turn out ?
regards
DR
A strong possibility mate. 20 k or not the establishment wont know whats hit them. this mate had been brewing for a long time and if the communist crusty's think that they can come along and wreck it they can think again. this isn't no here today gone tomorrow EDL demo it is here to stay and the crusty's better get used to it.

The FLA (Football Lads Alliance) came together as a result of the recent terror attacks. insincere words and political point scoring are no longer good enough.. enough is enough mate and we demand that our government takes decisive action and fast and this isn't going nowhere until we get it. :wink:

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
I saw a horrendous Facebook video about this with a lot of badly written English written by chavs. Did make me smile that they were going to take back their country by fighting against Extremism yet couldn't stop their heads being kicked in against a couple of hundred Russians last summer.... :dunce:
:

:facepalm: What ffs has any of that got to do with sending out a clear message to a useless government that refuses to listen.
Besides I have always understood that crusty's strongly oppose the use of Discriminatory language ..pot kettle black !!! that is of course assuming that you are on the left and judging by your comments i'm probably right.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
'Lads' doesn't sound like a very INCLUSIVE 'Alliance', either.

Just the sort of language that the FLA oppose. political correctness and all the rest of the flannel that goes with it, the stifling of free speech.
There were a fair number of women on that march and i would put my house on it that not a single woman who attended the march was either bothered or offended by the name. genuine ordinary every day people aren't petty enough to get worked up over something as irrelevant and trivial as that.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
Next march is on 5th August and leaves prompt from parliament square (on the green) at 12pm, they've asked for people to get there for 10.30 am. thanks.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
Next march is on 5th August and leaves prompt from parliament square (on the green) at 12pm, they've asked for people to get there for 10.30 am. thanks.

My apologies chaps as this isn't the main FLA march. this march has been organized by big Phil Campion an ex SAS army veteran who has liaised with the FLA over this. the march will drop off on route outside Downing Street where they will hand over a petition calling for a complete stop to all of this bollocks. military along with football lads will be there, they are expecting a big turnout. again my apologies for wrongly announcing that this was a FLA march.

Jan 30, 2008
My apologies chaps as this isn't the main FLA march. this march has been organized by big Phil Campion an ex SAS army veteran who has liaised with the FLA over this. the march will drop off on route outside Downing Street where they will hand over a petition calling for a complete stop to all of this bollocks. military along with football lads will be there, they are expecting a big turnout. again my apologies for wrongly announcing that this was a FLA march.
more impact than red Corbyn and co
regards
DR

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
The 'Football Lads Alliance' has to be the shittest name of any pressure group ever created. It's the least evocative name anyone could think of. How do they expect to be taken seriously by the majority (i.e. people who don't go to football) with a name like that? What would any of us think if a group called the 'Rugby boys alliance' marched on London? We'd probably take absolutely no notice whatsoever.

I totally understand their anger and frustration, and they don't seem like a bunch of knobs like the EDL, but they've hamstrung themselves before they've even got going with that ridiculous name. It immediately raises prejudice against it from anyone who doesn't go to football (and even probably a lot of people who do) who will just think 'football hooligans causing trouble again'.

Jan 30, 2008
The 'Football Lads Alliance' has to be the shittest name of any pressure group ever created. It's the least evocative name anyone could think of. How do they expect to be taken seriously by the majority (i.e. people who don't go to football) with a name like that? What would any of us think if a group called the 'Rugby boys alliance' marched on London? We'd probably take absolutely no notice whatsoever.

I totally understand their anger and frustration, and they don't seem like a bunch of knobs like the EDL, but they've hamstrung themselves before they've even got going with that ridiculous name. It immediately raises prejudice against it from anyone who doesn't go to football (and even probably a lot of people who do) who will just think 'football hooligans causing trouble again'.
feeling left out Boss, how about firming up against islam would that be better ???, btw there wasn't any trouble :glare:
regards
DR

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
feeling left out Boss, how about firming up against islam would that be better ???, btw there wasn't any trouble :glare:
regards
DR

I know there wasn't any trouble- that was partly my point. The name just makes most people assume there will be, and if there isn't then they'll just assume there was anyway.

You gonna go to any games this year mate? Surely you can bring yourself to one, we might only be there for a year!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
regards
DR
I thought the group was supposed to be against ALL extremism, or is it just Islamic extremism after all?

???

Jan 30, 2008
I know there wasn't any trouble- that was partly my point. The name just makes most people assume there will be, and if there isn't then they'll just assume there was anyway.

You gonna go to any games this year mate? Surely you can bring yourself to one, we might only be there for a year!
Hand on heart probably not ,the whole idea of the premier league makes me feel sick to the stomach , multi millionares being fawned over by JCL /Tourists does nothing for me Boss
regards
DR

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Hand on heart probably not ,the whole idea of the premier league makes me feel sick to the stomach , multi millionares being fawned over by JCL /Tourists does nothing for me Boss
regards
DR

I do know what you mean. But we might get relegated and never get back there again. You should go at least once.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here