Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lads Football Alliance March Against Extremism

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
The FLA march in London last Saturday..Total Media Blackout.

It was estimated 10 thousand attended the march in London last Saturday yet all the media could focus their attention on was a handful of EDL who were marching on the same day elsewhere in the city.
Just as intended the march went by peacefully with no trouble. I can only assume that the media chose to ignore it for the fact that they were unable to put their own version of spin on things by showing the FLA in a bad light.

As much as mainstream media would love to bury the FLA aside and hope they go away...let us just wait and see how long it takes before the media breaks their silence.:D

el punal

It was estimated 10 thousand attended the march in London last Saturday yet all the media could focus their attention on was a handful of EDL who were marching on the same day elsewhere in the city.
Just as intended the march went by peacefully with no trouble. I can only assume that the media chose to ignore it for the fact that they were unable to put their own version of spin on things by showing the FLA in a bad light.

As much as mainstream media would love to bury the FLA aside and hope they go away...let us just wait and see how long it takes before the media breaks their silence.:D

Not wishing to sound ignorant here but who are the FLA? There are so many acronyms for protest movements that I've lost track. It sort of reminds me of the classic piece in the Life of Brian where no one knows which protest group they belong to.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I think it stands for Football Lads altogether. West Ham, Millwall and others on a demo together.

It is interesting that the one man and his dog who turned up for the Day of rage was widely talked about and publicised but there has been nothing about this whatsoever.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016

So - to be clear. The media underestimate the turnout for a peaceful march and hype up the small (and inevitable) group of idiots that use the opportunity to make trouble? As someone that has been involved in organising protest in the past I can only say welcome to our world! Obviously you are trying to destroy democracy and create an insurrection...

I had never heard of the FLA before yesterday. It is not a great name and I will admit that it triggers my prejudices. But I am at least aware of that. So I promise I will put those aside and find out more with a genuinely open mind.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
It was an excellent first showing, I had no idea it was taking place. As I said on the other thread, it's a shame that people feel the need to do this, but I hope it goes from strength to strength. (tis a shame about the name though.)

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Not wishing to sound ignorant here but who are the FLA? There are so many acronyms for protest movements that I've lost track. It sort of reminds me of the classic piece in the Life of Brian where no one knows which protest group they belong to.

This. I don't have a clue who the FLA are or what the OP is talking about, sorry :shrug:

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham

Oh ffs its the Peoples Front of Judea. :shrug: :lolol:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It was an excellent first showing, I had no idea it was taking place. As I said on the other thread, it's a shame that people feel the need to do this, but I hope it goes from strength to strength. (tis a shame about the name though.)

What exactly are the aims of the FLA?

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
What exactly are the aims of the FLA?

Good question to be fair. As far as I know, it was just a peaceful march against extremism, probably to let the authorities know that people want more done to stop it. Keeping Theresa May to her word of enough is enough. Also with videos all over social media of the police retreating against gangs of violent, laughing Muslim youths, I get the impression that they feel that if eventually the public do have to make a stand, and I don't think that is being dramatic, it is better to be organised and united with people of all creeds and colours that are willing to step up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here