Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bumper Payrise for Her Majesty

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Well deserved payrise for the Queen

:bowdown:

8% or £6m increase this year for her hard work.

Head of the Privy Purse said the Queen was 'excellent value for money'.

"When you look at these accounts, the bottom line is the Sovereign Grant last year equated to 65p per person, per annum, in the United Kingdom.

"That's the price of a first class stamp.

"Consider that against what the Queen does and represents for this country, I believe it represents excellent value for money. In fact I would argue she deserves far more but the selfless lady she is she would not accept anything more than she gets."

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The magic money tree spring to life again then. Lovely stuff.

It comes from the Treasury, who in turn gets the income from the Crown Estates. Normally the Queen gets 10% back, but now she is getting more back to pay for the refurbishment.

Westminster is also being refurbished and that is coming from the taxpayers (money tree).

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I read the other day that she's only worth about £250 million. I was shocked. That's not even super-rich, is it? Anyone who's anyone is a Billionaire these days. She's virtually a peasant in comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Anyone sane can see it beggars belief. At a time when we are going to have an enormous Brexit bill and we're all wondering about the supposed value of lives in people in tower blocks, along comes an enormous pay rise for the wealthiest woman in the world, paid for by the state. It is a disgrace.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
I read the other day that she's only worth about £250 million. I was shocked. That's not even super-rich, is it? Anyone who's anyone is a Billionaire these days. She's virtually a peasant in comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She's left her children in abject poverty too!

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Here is the BBC reporting it:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40412343

I see the lickspittles at the BBC have decided us proles don't deserve a say on it, making no comments section available. Truly part of the establishment.

If you want a laugh, stray onto The Daily Mail article on this and the readers comments - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4641570/Globe-trotting-royals-costing-king-s-ransom.html

Among the indignant Daily Mail readers defending the monarchy and sticking up for the precious Royal family, comic genius Kate Dixson from Cardiff feels the Royal family's struggle better than anyone:

And they suffer because of us. They don't want the money, the status, the mansions, the kow-towing, the free holidays, the attention, the assurance that everything they have, see, touch, experience is the best it can possibly be. Yes. there is boredom. Yes, there are things they don't want to do. However we all have parts of our lives that are dull if not actually hated; commuting, dealing with idiot colleagues, bills. Unfortunately we don't have the silk hammock. I was a clergy wife and used to be watched the whole time by Parishioners. Just didn't have the luxury to go with it (eg the house had a top temperature of 6C).

Coalburner

May 22, 2017
So, we get rid of the monarchy and get what in its place. An elected President to represent us worldwide. And who do we elect Corbyn, May, Blair,? Would you seriously want someone of that ilk as our head of State.? God forbid. We only need to look at the USA to see what happens - Nixon, Clinton, Dubya Bush, Trump.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Britain really does have a vulgar set of priorities at the moment.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Anyone sane can see it beggars belief. At a time when we are going to have an enormous Brexit bill and we're all wondering about the supposed value of lives in people in tower blocks, along comes an enormous pay rise for the wealthiest woman in the world, paid for by the state. It is a disgrace.

richest woman in the world. Hardly.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
I think the Queen is a bargain. The revenue she generates way exceeds what she costs. It's the lesser Royal Family members that I object to getting money.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think the Queen is a bargain. The revenue she generates way exceeds what she costs. It's the lesser Royal Family members that I object to getting money.

Not this again. You have absolutely NO IDEA what she generates, none of us do. Secondly, even if it were true, it comes at a cost of true democracy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here