Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bumper Payrise for Her Majesty

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This system is the envy of the world.

Apart from dyed in the wool Brit Royal apologists aside, I have never ever met a single person who has ever said this. In fact most say the opposite; that it's an outdated, arcane and undemocratic system.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Apart from dyed in the wool Brit Royal apologists aside, I have never ever met a single person who has ever said this. In fact most say the opposite; that it's an outdated, arcane and undemocratic system.

Well lets put it to the vote then.
I would be surprised if anti-monarchists got more than 30% of the vote.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
This system is the envy of the world.

This is just not true. People are fascinated in them in a gossipy, hello magazine way and that's about it. And that's the people who are interested in gossip. The others, could not care less.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This is just not true. People are fascinated in them in a gossipy, hello magazine way and that's about it. And that's the people who are interested in gossip. The others, could not care less.

Australia had a vote and elected to keep HM as head of state.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Australia had a vote and elected to keep HM as head of state.

I thought you said they were the envy of the world? In my experience they most certainly aren't. Just a posh soap opera for people who like that kind of thing.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Well lets put it to the vote then.
I would be surprised if anti-monarchists got more than 30% of the vote.

1) Keep
2) Bin (with heads)
3) Bin (without heads)

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Abolishing the monarchy would be marvellous for a number of very valid reasons.

I can't be bothered to explain them all but I'll point out one!

The look on the minor royals faces when they realise they will have to do a proper days work to earn a basic standard of living. The unbelievable part of the monarchy is that through sheer biological luck they are living the life of luxury while doing nothing else to earn it.

I'd also like to see them burnt at the stake.

Because serving on the front line in Afghanistan isn't doing a proper days work is it ? :facepalm:

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
His earnings would be exactly the same as any other officer. He isn't part of the Sovereign Grant, either.

he benefits from it. (net worth of £40million)

anyway, prince ginger is a bit of an exception as he has publicly stated that 'no royal wants to be king'.

Good for him, I assume his next step will be to walk away from the royal family and stop claiming the rewards for winning the biological lottery.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
That is only because they can't agree on what a new constitution should be. The vast majority of Australians are anti-monarchy.

isnt that a good reason to keep the current system? no one can agree what to replace it with, majority content with the current constitutional monarchy, so leave it as it is.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
isnt that a good reason to keep the current system? no one can agree what to replace it with, majority content with the current constitutional monarchy, so leave it as it is.
Absolutely, and that is what has happened.

But that isn't the same thing as "voting for" the monarchy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here