Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Queen Elizabeth on the move

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Remember getting a call round on the USS JFK Carrier in Naples again about 75 and they had gang warfare and armed robberies on her as it was so big!!!

Yeah we heard of muggings on the Forrestal haha...Having said that, there were parts of the Ark that I never saw..

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Are you not bored of saying that? That's about the sixteenth time iirc, we def. won't have any planes if Corbyn has his way but thankfully he'll have to wait 5 years to be within any chance of that.

I think you may have me confused with someone else. The slow development of the F-35B is a bit of an issue though.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Its great but something else for Corbyn to scrap if he ever got in power.

I believe BG, it was ordered by the Labour government, and Cameron tried to sell them, and postponed the aircraft for both ships until 2018- and 2020 respectively.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Remember getting a call round on the USS JFK Carrier in Naples again about 75 and they had gang warfare and armed robberies on her as it was so big!!!

I got my nose broken playing football against the JFK in 76, got a call round though, it was segregated then, blacks up forrard, hispanics midships, and whites aft.

matey

Mar 16, 2014
A family friend spent his time in the brig on the Ark Royal for hitting an officer.. mind you looking at his place you would have thought he was still in the navy.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
A family friend spent his time in the brig on the Ark Royal for hitting an officer.. mind you looking at his place you would have thought he was still in the navy.

My apartments since leaving the Navy have been quite cell like. I prefer to say minimilist, but truth is, its the Navy fault.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I believe BG, it was ordered by the Labour government, and Cameron tried to sell them, and postponed the aircraft for both ships until 2018- and 2020 respectively.

That was not when Corbyn who is pro terrorist and anti defence was leader of the party. I think that you will find it was Tony Bliar in charge who really wanted to be a Tory MP but was rejected.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
That was not when Corbyn who is pro terrorist and anti defence was leader of the party. I think that you will find it was Tony Bliar in charge who really wanted to be a Tory MP but was rejected.

Still ordered by the Labour Party though, and Cameron didn't think our defence was important enough to keep them.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Not really the thread for this, but where is your source for Blair being rejected as a Tory MP. He joined Labour soon after he graduated, and has never been a member of the Conservative party

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not really the thread for this, but where is your source for Blair being rejected as a Tory MP. He joined Labour soon after he graduated, and has never been a member of the Conservative party

I read when he became leader that he had previously applied for a safe Tory seat to become an MP but was rejected cant remeber where it was as it was at the time irrelevant and only became so when his name changed from Blair to BLIAR by pundits.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I read when he became leader that he had previously applied for a safe Tory seat to become an MP but was rejected cant remeber where it was as it was at the time irrelevant and only became so when his name changed from Blair to BLIAR by pundits.

So, no credible source, I've looked everywhere on the net and can't find a mention of it anywhere, not even the Daily Mail have made that one up.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Its great but something else for Corbyn to scrap if he ever got in power.
It's only ever go out and round the Isle of Wight every 6 months or so as we can't afford to fill her up.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I remember being told when I was on the old Ark that it cost 7 quid a foot when sailing. Im guessing that included crews pay and fuel etc, but blimey, can only imagine how much it costs now, although, maybe technology has lowered the price.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I am sure I read it or perhaps heard it said on the radio or TV but it has stuck in my mind especially when people jokingly suggested he was the best Tory PM ever.

Have you had yourself checked out lately mate? Might be an idea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here