Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Queen Elizabeth on the move

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Some inspiring photos with HMS Queen Elizabeth II as the main subject .... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-54420134

Hopefully it will calm Dave's concerns of the UK having a lack of firepower :wink:

Quick question for the experts - on the F35's, what's the wheelie bin lid behind the cockpit for ? I ask as to me it would seem to prevent the aircraft from being as streamline as it could be.

Point of order, she’s not the second, she’s named after the 1st, and iirc the dustbin lid is up when the vertical motion is required diverting airflow downward

Edit used for rolling take off aswell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Point of order, she’s not the second, she’s named after the 1st, and iirc the dustbin lid is up when the vertical motion is required diverting airflow downward

Edit used for rolling take off aswell.

Works in a similar fashion to the Sea Harrier nozzles. However the harrier uses exhaust gases from the engine and directs the air flow down. The F-35 has two ****off fans that blast cold air rather than exhaust gases downwards.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Works in a similar fashion to the Sea Harrier nozzles. However the harrier uses exhaust gases from the engine and directs the air flow down. The F-35 has two ****off fans that blast cold air rather than exhaust gases downwards.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

[emoji106]

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Speaking of banging things anybody else got perm shin scars from going through clipped doors?

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Magnificent.

BFC62BCB-CEFE-45F6-9F85-47D2E3BC2CBA.png

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
There should be an app that lets you superimpose it on your street (or wherever takes your fancy).

Are we collecting more F35bs for the ship or are we picking up a squadron of USNAF F35bs for a reason ? genuine question .

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here