Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What gives?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Are there cliques?

I thought NSC was the least cliquey it has ever been.

I don't include my own personal clique in that obviously, but I appreciate that they just pretend to like me for gossip on transfers and finding out which Albion players got asked to leave the hotel in Vegas.

I think of all the fourms i go on NSC is the most Cliquey.
I'm actually surprised that you are genuinely surprised by that.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Having been on here for 'kin years, the members of NSC seem to have become much less friendly and more vicious in their interactions, mainly, I think, because of festering political differences. Oh for the days of bhaexpress going into one about recruitment consultants, Kev the Ape and his trip to Falmer with his Mum and Beeneys Gloves getting pissed at his works Christmas do. Even Dwayne the bronx bodybuilder and friend to Kylies chimney sweep was quality entertainment value, although he's probably, now, as wealthy as the Donald.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Having been on here for 'kin years, the members of NSC seem to have become much less friendly and more vicious in their interactions, mainly, I think, because of festering political differences.

I think that is probably because a lot of people are using NSC the way they use Facebook - with constant updates on the minutia their personal lives and cryptic sighs about how they feel and stuff, looking for validation and sympathy. That is never what NSC has been and hopefully will never become. The day it does, I'm off.

Occasionally a thick skin is required on here. When that is the case it is best to either tough it out or take a short break. I've done both in the time I've been posting on here.

But in essence everybody on here is decent and as has said earlier in this thread, not much matters and most things don't matter at all.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Wasn't there another 'gentle' board as well? Can't remember the name, seagullfans or something.

EDIT: brightonfans! brightonfans.com

There is yet another, which is still going, and is excellent - albeit quiet this time of year. Many on here did (or still do) use it, and it is in fact owned by our Dear Leader. Big differences vs NSC: it is not anonymous, and it is 100% BHA related (hence the low density traffic) :lolol:

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I think that is probably because a lot of people are using NSC the way they use Facebook - with constant updates on the minutia their personal lives and cryptic sighs about how they feel and stuff, looking for validation and sympathy. That is never what NSC has been and hopefully will never become. The day it does, I'm off.

Occasionally a thick skin is required on here. When that is the case it is best to either tough it out or take a short break. I've done both in the time I've been posting on here.

But in essence everybody on here is decent and as has said earlier in this thread, not much matters and most things don't matter at all.

That's so sweet. I've posted it on my mum's Facebook page. LOL. I never told her that my nasal namesake is a delicate c***, though.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
There is yet another, which is still going, and is excellent - albeit quiet this time of year. Many on here did (or still do) use it, and it is in fact owned by our Dear Leader. Big differences vs NSC: it is not anonymous, and it is 100% BHA related (hence the low density traffic) :lolol:

Dick Knight?

On another matter just had a wonderful weekend in Faversham. Camping and free cherries at the Painters Forstal campsite, followed by Open Gardens on Sunday. Always thought it was a Sevenoaks or Ashford type of place. Wrong again, as I'm usually told on here.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Are there cliques?

I thought NSC was the least cliquey it has ever been.

I don't include my own personal clique in that obviously, but I appreciate that they just pretend to like me for gossip on transfers and finding out which Albion players got asked to leave the hotel in Vegas.

Gary C. was much better.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
RIP
Knocky's nose's tenure on NSC (2017-2017)
He posted four times as much yet flounced in only four weeks
May his thread rest forevermore
"What gives can also take away"- (Job 1:21)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Dick Knight?

On another matter just had a wonderful weekend in Faversham. Camping and free cherries at the Painters Forstal campsite, followed by Open Gardens on Sunday. Always thought it was a Sevenoaks or Ashford type of place. Wrong again, as I'm usually told on here.

My neighbour does Open Gardens. We did it last year, when the Echiums were out. Quite possibly you wandered round the back of my house (access to my neighbour)!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Gary C. was much better.

Yeah! Or, er, actually, no. FG? Whithawk1? Teenage racists and brooding 30 somethings with a massive chip on their shoulder? All ALLOWED by Gary to plough their tirade? He was a disgrace! (only kidding @Manx :cheers:)

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
My neighbour does Open Gardens. We did it last year, when the Echiums were out. Quite possibly you wandered round the back of my house (access to my neighbour)!

I reckon you're near the old ex Abbey and Grammar School. River at the end of garden and playing fields beyond?
Our echiums are 12-14' this triennial year from seed. Failed to set more off though.
Now what was this thread about?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

People should have to read this before they're allowed to post on here.

Ken Livingstone Seagull

Aug 29, 2003
Maui, Hawaii
The Clique Lives On

No clique you say?

We have moved into the shadows to scheme and manipulate and to pull the NSC strings as a good clique must. Above all, we remain anonymous and use pseudonyms such as Hart's Shirt, Man of Harveys, Lush, Barnet Seagull, Rool and Simster... Yes, we are very anonymous and that is our secret weapon.

Oh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here