Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What gives?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There are far too many posters on here who think that having 20,000 posts on an internet message board makes them better fans. There are so many little cliques and brown-nosers on here that I would find it difficult to actually get wound up or upset by anything on here.

Are there cliques?

I thought NSC was the least cliquey it has ever been.

I don't include my own personal clique in that obviously, but I appreciate that they just pretend to like me for gossip on transfers and finding out which Albion players got asked to leave the hotel in Vegas.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I'm a bit irked, if I'm honest...

I've been reading this forum for a couple years, always promised I'd join and post. So, I did. I found you all to be very welcoming and accepting - and funny. Very funny actually. I've tried my best to add humour, balanced views, and a bit of controversy (as all forums should have now and again to get the hens clucking) and I don't think I've been abusive, nor have I upset anyone to my knowledge.

'The Clamp' said all of my posts were drivel, apart from one - and at least he was honest. I've been called a 'JCL' - which I am, and even take the piss out of myself on my signature to acknowledge this. Yesterday, I posted on the thread about Steve Parrish, the love child of Jeremy Vine and David Cameron, singing Karaoke on his holidays, to leave him alone as he's just on holiday with his family.

So... I'm now being treated, I assume - from the comment, with some suspicion.

View attachment 86629

Am I a Brighton & Hove Albion season ticket holding Crystal Cladding fan with a penchant for self abuse? Have I come on here to convert you all to Islam and persuade you all to make the 2018/19 kit consist of sandals and a striped dish-dash? Have I come on here to slowly brainwash you all into thinking Glenn Murray runs so fast it's an optical illusion and we all see it differently, or is a senior member of the forum being paranoid? I asked for an answer on the thread itself, and also invited him to explain himself away from the thread by sending a polite PM. I've not received a reply to either.

Senior member of the forum or not - it made me feel uncomfortable, and I don't like that. I'll take anything thrown at me in public in plain English, I'm not a little wilting flower who cries at every insult - but something like that, then no reply is a bit, well.... snide. That's not what I thought this place was.

I'm happy to sod off if you like. Just say, and I'll go back to reading the forums only..

I'd prefer you sod off and leave it at that. But you need me on that wall you want me on that wall otherwise I suggest you grab a gun and man a post.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
best-santa-claus-image.jpg

Well, you said, "What gives?"

ilduc944

May 1, 2014
I'd prefer you sod off and leave it at that. But you need me on that wall you want me on that wall otherwise I suggest you grab a gun and man a post.

"The truth? You can't handle the truth."

Damn, as someone with less than a gazillion posts does that get me a Code Red?

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I put knockeys nose on my ignore list after about 2 weeks, I'd been on here a few years reading before posting too.
They've already posted nearly as many times in 2 months as I have in 4 years

It started to feel like that annoying bloke in the pub who feels they need to butt in to every conversation you're having with your mates with their unwanted opinion.
Just trying a bit too hard IMO...

It's a forum you dick. You can't "butt in" in a forum.... Stick to posting once every blue moon if that's all you can add.

Right, I've had my flounce. I've manned up. You can all kiss my arse. How's that?

:flounce: :shrug:

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
I put knockeys nose on my ignore list after about 2 weeks, I'd been on here a few years reading before posting too.
They've already posted nearly as many times in 2 months as I have in 4 years

It started to feel like that annoying bloke in the pub who feels they need to butt in to every conversation you're having with your mates with their unwanted opinion.
Just trying a bit too hard IMO...

Smells like Palace.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
It's a forum you dick. You can't "butt in" in a forum.... Stick to posting once every blue moon if that's all you can add.

Right, I've had my flounce. I've manned up. You can all kiss my arse. How's that?

No one cares, **** off or don't **** off there's no need for these ridiculous threads it isn't ****ing school. Grow up.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've not actually read any of this thread beyond the first couple of posts, but I can only say that the OP, from the usual research I do when we get an oft-posting newbie, is certainly not a Palace wanker.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

You ok hun? x

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here