Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Singing the Blues - Season 2

Those who followed this last season will know I made £393 profit.

The concept is simply. I kick off by placing a £10 double on Brighton to win and Palace to lose. If we happen to win then the stake is increased by 50% for the following week. So £15 then £22.50 and £33.75. We got as high as £33.75 last season. When we lose one then the bet is back down to £10 for the next game.

Clearly with the big boys this season our odds will be much much higher. I think last season one of the doubles only paid even money!

Anyhow the first bet is on. Brighton to beat Man City and Huddersfield to prosper at Palace is probably as outlandish as it will get all season. I got 37-1 with Betway. Clearly if I did land this one, in one stroke I have covered all the bets for the rest of the season!

Needless to say, when we play Palace it will be a simple single.

Quick fag packet calculation would suggest a profit in excess £3000 when we qualify for the Champions Leauge and Palace are relegated to the Championship.

I guess no one is surprised I lost the first week's bet, although Huddersfield demolition of Palace made an unlikely high odds return possible heading into our kick off.

So, after leg one I'm £10 down.

This week the odds swing to the other extreme. Although there will be shorter prices than 6-1 this season for the double, there will not be many,

So £10 on us to beat Leicester and Liverpool to beat Palace will net a £70 return.

So we are now £20 in the hole.

Am actually optimistic this week. With the bookies thinking Palace have an easy game at home the Swansea and them also thinking Watford will have just as an easy time agasint us the double this weekend is a healthy 16-1.

£10 invested.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
I've been on this every week as well. Think today could finally be the break through...

So last week's glorious scenes netted a £52 profit which means I'm showing a £22 profit for the season to date.

This week's stake increases 50% to £15.

Odd are 9-1 for the 2 away wins. Us tonight and Southampton at Selhurst tomorrow.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Nice one. I'm doing the same bet each week but only £5 double. £20 profit last week so broken even so far.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Running profit down to just £7 after last weeks miss at Bournemouth.

£10 this weekend on what is likely to be the shortest price double of the season.

2-1 on us to beat Newcastle at home and for City to win at home against the worse side in the league.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Kerrching...!!!!

Bigger price next week :)

Was great to have our second collection of the seaon and it still only be September! I'm sure there are many who thought I would unlikely to collect twice all season.

So, after last week's success the stake increases 50% to £15. Coupled with us at over 12-1 (nearly 16-1 the double) there could be a huge collection on the cards if we surprise the pundits at the Emirates tomorrow.

The running profit was reduced to £12 after our £15 loss at the Emirates 2 weeks ago.

A rather middle of the road 9-2 for the double this weekend. £10 is invested.....

So last week was the first time both elements of the double failed. Running profit just £2 for the season now.

Hopefully Palace will perform as expected tomorrow in their visit to the NE and we can walk away with 3 points tonight.

On with Bet365 at a double price of 9-1. £10 invested.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
So last week was the first time both elements of the double failed. Running profit just £2 for the season now.

Hopefully Palace will perform as expected tomorrow in their visit to the NE and we can walk away with 3 points tonight.

On with Bet365 at a double price of 9-1. £10 invested.

Boooooooom!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here