Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Extremism - both sides

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Amazingly, this isn't about Islam extremism. It's about the far left and the far right.

One of my so called mates kicked me off his facebook yesterday, and phone, which is fine, I have no problem. But I do find that you cannot question these extremists, you call them out, they delete you, they have nothing to actually come back with. In my experience both extremes of Right and Left meet somewhere in the middle ideologically. Nazi's killed people, Commies killed people. Yes I know I'm being simplistic, but at the end of the day, do they not both control the population?

So my thing yesterday was a right wing march in London, which obviously had a counter march from the lefty's. I personally think they are all out for a ruck, it has nothing to do with beliefs. And then I get all the shite about 'how we disrupted this and disrupted that', I politely asked them to do one and grow up. I asked them if their counter march wasn't actually counter productive. You hear them bang on about Hitler. You hear the others bang on about Stalin. In my eyes there was no difference between Hitler and Stalin, hence my comment they meet in the middle somewhere. But to not be able to debate a matter makes me think they are all extremist bigots. I can't be bothered with either side, but I am growing more and more pi'ssed off with their moral stance.

Just asking you lot, what is your thought on this?

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
The irony of this thread. Why don't people just not get involved in this tit for tat b0llocks?

Just live YOUR life, and stop worrying about little things like someone removing you as a 'friend' on Facebook!

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
It's a shame, because I really did want to know what other people think. Ah well.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Amazingly, this isn't about Islam extremism. It's about the far left and the far right.

One of my so called mates kicked me off his facebook yesterday, and phone, which is fine, I have no problem. But I do find that you cannot question these extremists, you call them out, they delete you, they have nothing to actually come back with. In my experience both extremes of Right and Left meet somewhere in the middle ideologically. Nazi's killed people, Commies killed people. Yes I know I'm being simplistic, but at the end of the day, do they not both control the population?

So my thing yesterday was a right wing march in London, which obviously had a counter march from the lefty's. I personally think they are all out for a ruck, it has nothing to do with beliefs. And then I get all the shite about 'how we disrupted this and disrupted that', I politely asked them to do one and grow up. I asked them if their counter march wasn't actually counter productive. You hear them bang on about Hitler. You hear the others bang on about Stalin. In my eyes there was no difference between Hitler and Stalin, hence my comment they meet in the middle somewhere. But to not be able to debate a matter makes me think they are all extremist bigots. I can't be bothered with either side, but I am growing more and more pi'ssed off with their moral stance.

What exactly are you whining on about? This is your post from yesterday on the All Blacks v BRITISH Lions thread. "Absolutely loving this, just **** off the Welsh, Irish and Jock, and we#re on a winner. "

If your prepared to spout rubbish, how can you be so easily offended, when people ignore you?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
As an aside that welsh tit who ran over the beards at Finsbury park has single handed lay handed extreme Islam a lovely Ramadan present and given the moderates a lovely excuse for some blame shifting. What a bell.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Some 'extremism' depends on your POV. For example, left 'extremism' gave us the weekend and women the right to vote :shrug:

I hasten to add I condemn all violence and extremism on both sides of the political spectrum.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
What exactly are you whining on about? This is your post from yesterday on the All Blacks v BRITISH Lions thread. "Absolutely loving this, just **** off the Welsh, Irish and Jock, and we#re on a winner. "

If your prepared to spout rubbish, how can you be so easily offended, when people ignore you?

Some people on here just love attacking others, maybe it works for you? If you don't see humour/irony in a post that is fine, but seriously, going and searching it out to make a point? I didn't ask about the Lions inept performance did I? Please feel free to carry on. Idiot.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Isn't this what extremists do, shut down opposition views.

In your example of Hitler and Stalin, they both controlled the media and were ruthless in targeting anyone who spoke up against their standpoint.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Isn't this what extremists do, shut down opposition views.

In your example of Hitler and Stalin, they both controlled the media and were ruthless in targeting anyone who spoke up against their standpoint.

And they always meet somewhere in the middle? Their ideology doesn't really differ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here