Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton marina development

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Building started in 1971, Opened for use in 1978, opened officially by her Maj the following year.

Last edited:

D

Deleted User X18H

Opened in 1979 by the Queen of England. #realbrightonians

D

Deleted User X18H

It opened in 79. Her maj went straight up to the gee gees after. I went flag waving with my primary school.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
What's going on with the tower that was supposed to be being built down at the marina? Has it been cancelled?

If you go down there you can see they have drained the harbour to provide the foundations .. sorry no pics

TheBigUnit

Apr 4, 2012
London
If you go down there you can see they have drained the harbour to provide the foundations .. sorry no pics

If anybody's got any pictures it would be great to see them as I don't venture down that way a great deal. Very surprised to hear that it seems the 40 storey tower is seemingly going "full steam ahead", thought the residents of Lewes Crescent or the Regency Society would have killed it off long ago!!!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
If anybody's got any pictures it would be great to see them as I don't venture down that way a great deal. Very surprised to hear that it seems the 40 storey tower is seemingly going "full steam ahead", thought the residents of Lewes Crescent or the Regency Society would have killed it off long ago!!!

They made one hell of a noise. But then, they always do.

When the Regency Society was first formed, it was a force for good, retaining much of the loved Regency and Victorian architecture of Brighton. After a while though, they started getting a bit reactionary, and complaining about everything. North Laine, for instance, would never be the thriving, bustling place it is if the Regency Society had had their way.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here