Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Today's F1 Grand Prix on C4

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Wow, Vettel essentially admitted that he wheel hit Hamilton deliberately to show he is a man. What a bell and a childish clown. Surely more action must be taken for that?

Hamilton rightly called him a disgrace and said if he wants to prove he is a man to do it out of the car.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
There has to be some kind of retrospective sanction on Vettel - just seen the incident for the first time.

On a lighter note - well done to Lance Stroll - fantastic along with the talent of Max Verstappen.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Cannot believe Vettel only got a 10 second stop and go for deliberately driving into another car. I reckon Hamilton would have got a black flag if the positions had been reversed.

Cannot believe Vettel only got a 10 second stop and go for deliberately driving into another car. I reckon Hamilton would have got a black flag if the positions had been reversed.

Ferrari are F1 it seems.

Remarkable that Vettel can get away with that with a 10 second stop go.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Ferrari are F1 it seems.

Remarkable that Vettel can get away with that with a 10 second stop go.

Anyone who has watched F1 for any length of time knows that F1 kowtows to Ferrari. Pissed me off with Schumacher and now with Vettel. I'd hoped it would change with Ecclestone leaving but apparently not.

10 ****ing seconds for deliberately pulling alongside the leader of the race and then swerving in to him? Really?

Bullshit about Hamilton braking and making him crash into him disproved by the stewards saying Hamilton did not brake only aggravates the fact that he got a poxy 10 second penalty announced AFTER Hamilton was forced to stop too.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Anyone who has watched F1 for any length of time knows that F1 kowtows to Ferrari. Pissed me off with Schumacher and now with Vettel. I'd hoped it would change with Ecclestone leaving but apparently not.

10 ****ing seconds for deliberately pulling alongside the leader of the race and then swerving in to him? Really?

It's all about Ferrari, Germans and Jean Todd, worst ever appointment to the FIA.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It's all about Ferrari, Germans and Jean Todd, worst ever appointment to the FIA.

That will be ex Ferrari boss Jean Todt, now the top man in the FIA. Corruption, what corruption?

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
He got the in race penalty and 3 points on his Super Licence. He deserves more punishment than that but won't get it.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
It was a great race, that long straight had 4-5 cars side by side on most laps, I missed the race here last year but a great addition to the F1 calender.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I don't think spelling the name wrong takes away from the set up.

I know, your post reminded me that he was still involved having levered so much influence as the head of Ferrari, spelling the name correctly was not a knock at your very slightly misspelt name!

You need to stop being so touchy :smile:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It was a great race, that long straight had 4-5 cars side by side on most laps, I missed the race here last year but a great addition to the F1 calender.

It was a great race because the track is too tight, too many collisions, too many SCs, not enough space, especially through turn 2 and 3. Such a shame we have these Tourist Information Promotional races over somewhere like Magny-Cours. That was more like stock car racing at times than F1.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It was a great race because the track is too tight, too many collisions, too many SCs, not enough space, especially through turn 2 and 3. Such a shame we have these Tourist Information Promotional races over somewhere like Magny-Cours. That was more like stock car racing at times than F1.

The way modern cars and rules are it is unfortunately races like this that give F1 it's excitement these days. I miss the old days of guys just racing and the cars being similar enough for great overtaking. You remember, when cars had gear sticks not paddles!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The way modern cars and rules are it is unfortunately races like this that give F1 it's excitement these days. I miss the old days of guys just racing and the cars being similar.
They were never similar.

Seeing your quick edit, I don't recall that much overtaking back then either.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here