Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Today's F1 Grand Prix on C4

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
I'm not sure that a grid penalty will achieve much in this instance. SV has one of the four best cars on the grid so where ever you make him start he's still likely to end up in the top four which is hardly much of a punishment. For me he should be disqualified from the results of the Azerbaijan GP, which is what should've happened on the day.

IIRC it's no too late for them to do that. A more likely result would be a race ban from an upcoming race should they decide that what he did warrants exclusion from a race result. I suspect what we'll see will be a 10 place grid penalty, as that's far less likely to have Ferrari dragging them through court appealing a race ban.

Having said that, it's sounding like they may be looking into whether or not they can tie this latest offence to his previous issues from Mexico last year. They'd have to twist and turn a bit to make it stick, I think, but it seems the FIA does want to make an example out of him.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Aaaand, no further action because Vettel apologised and admitted liability.

Farce.

This.

Pathetic.

What an awful example he has set to racing drivers around the world. They now know deliberate ramming or road rage is ok but that you must apologise afterwards to escape any points deduction or ban.

This.

Pathetic.

What an awful example he has set to racing drivers around the world. They now know deliberate ramming or road rage is ok but that you must apologise afterwards to escape any points deduction or ban.

Only if they drive a red car.

Jean Todt has proved what everyone thought would happen when he was appointed to the FIA, Ferrari are untouchable.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Vettel's statement in full

"Concerning the incidents of Baku I'd like to explain myself: During the re-start lap, I got surprised by Lewis and ran into the back of his car.

"With hindsight, I don't believe he had any bad intentions. In the heat of the action I then overreacted, and therefore I want to apologise to Lewis directly, as well as to all the people who were watching the race. I realise that I was not setting a good example.

"I had no intention at any time to put Lewis in danger, but I understand that I caused a dangerous situation.

"Therefore, I would like to apologise to the FIA. I accept and respect the decisions that were taken at today's meeting in Paris, as well as the penalty imposed by the stewards in Baku.

"I love this sport and I am determined to represent it in a way that can be an example for future generations."

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Still, at least now after Rosberg chickened out we have a new rilvalry that will hopefully get a few more tuned in.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Vettel's statement in full

"Concerning the incidents of Baku I'd like to explain myself: During the re-start lap, I got surprised by Lewis and ran into the back of his car.

"With hindsight, I don't believe he had any bad intentions. In the heat of the action I then overreacted, and therefore I want to apologise to Lewis directly, as well as to all the people who were watching the race. I realise that I was not setting a good example.

"I had no intention at any time to put Lewis in danger, but I understand that I caused a dangerous situation.

"Therefore, I would like to apologise to the FIA. I accept and respect the decisions that were taken at today's meeting in Paris, as well as the penalty imposed by the stewards in Baku.

"I love this sport and I am determined to represent it in a way that can be an example for future generations."

Shame there's not an emoji of sticking two fingers down your throat, it is that sick making. FFS are people really taken in by this shit? Watch Hamilton get absolutely hammered next time he steps out of line.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Ferrari International Assistance strikes again.

Quelle surprise.

I am genuinely surprised. I honestly thought ducking this one would be too obvious, even for them, and expected a 5 or 10 place grid penalty at the very least, more likely his points from the last race rescinded. Amazing they've chosen no further action on someone deliberately driving into someone in a road rage, I'm shocked, perhaps I shouldn't be, but I am!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Still, at least now after Rosberg chickened out we have a new rilvalry that will hopefully get a few more tuned in.
I won't tune in, I'd rather watch fair racing.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Amazing they've chosen no further action on someone deliberately driving into someone in a road rage, I'm shocked, perhaps I shouldn't be, but I am!
It's beyond belief. An absolute farce.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I won't tune in, I'd rather watch fair racing.
I don't actually know the rules, but it's got to be better than F1:

8b7947494ee6289e180d3461b47b94c7.jpg

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
So now they have opened the gates so that under the safety car it is now allowed to pull alonside the car in front and ram/sideswipe them.
To take full advantage of this new rule (causing a collision now appears to be non-existent) it would be best to wait for a corner and push the car in front off the track, you can then legitimately pass them.

This could be fun, a start on the route to death race type racing.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I am genuinely surprised. I honestly thought ducking this one would be too obvious, even for them, and expected a 5 or 10 place grid penalty at the very least, more likely his points from the last race rescinded. Amazing they've chosen no further action on someone deliberately driving into someone in a road rage, I'm shocked, perhaps I shouldn't be, but I am!
So looks like we are back to the days when Shoey would T-bone anyone for a title?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
So now they have opened the gates so that under the safety car it is now allowed to pull alonside the car in front and ram/sideswipe them.
To take full advantage of this new rule (causing a collision now appears to be non-existent) it would be best to wait for a corner and push the car in front off the track, you can then legitimately pass them.

This could be fun, a start on the route to death race type racing.

AS I said before, it's heading towards Mario Karts

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here