Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ulloa v Abrahams?

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Given choice I'd go for Abraham. He offers pace on the break. I can see us being even more of a counter attacking side next season.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I liked Ulloa but I think GM offers more but LU offers more than Hemed if we could get a good price for him. Abraham is a totally different type of player to any of the 3 mentioned.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
For a number of seasons we have been in desperate need of a pacey striker who will play off the shoulder of the last defender. I'd love Ulloa back as he has bags of quality and you cannot play a big part in a premiership title winning side and not be half decent, but I wouldn't want him back if it ment we didn't sign a pacey striker.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Would be excellent to get Leo back, providing we also sign a 'speedy sidekick' striker.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If Ulloa came back it would be to battle for the starting spot with GM which we have TH doing at the moment. Much as I liked Leo he is not the speedy co striker that we need.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I think Leo gets a ridiculously tough ride on here. We all thought he was better then GM when he was last with us and Id say hes at least on par. He's scored some important prem league goals, has experience fighting relegation and winning the league, and would be a very decent addition.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
I think Leo gets a ridiculously tough ride on here. We all thought he was better then GM when he was last with us and Id say hes at least on par. He's scored some important prem league goals, has experience fighting relegation and winning the league, and would be a very decent addition.

All very true, but that doesn't solve our crucial problem of the lack of pace upfront. We need pace upfront because we will in no doubt be aiming for counter attacking football.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I think he would be an excellent signing and I am unanimous in that. (is he Dutch?)

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
But Leo now has two years PL experience which is also what we are looking at and at a price which is not too high. I agree though we need some pace down the middle...

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Really don't see why, with Murray and Hemed, we would look at adding Ulloa.
Pace is going to be essential so an upgrade on Baldock has to be the priority.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Really don't see why, with Murray and Hemed, we would look at adding Ulloa.
Pace is going to be essential so an upgrade on Baldock has to be the priority.
We really need 5 strikers ( as we don't have a premier league quality U21 forward ).

So Hemed, Murray, Ulloa, Baldock and "Speedy Other" would be fine.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
"We've got Tap in Sammy in our team"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here