Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Loic Remy

waterhouse

Feb 22, 2009
somerset
No rumours of us being interested yet but he is a proven Premier League striker.
He may even be available at a cut price.
Only stumbling block are his wages.
Which are rumoured to be around 80k a week.
He was injured a bit last season.
but if we can get a good season out of him then might be a decent alternative to Abraham.
Who looks set to join Swansea.
What do you guys think?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No rumours of us being interested yet but he is a proven Premier League striker.
He may even be available at a cut price.
Only stumbling block are his wages.
Which are rumoured to be around 80k a week.
He was injured a bit last season.
but if we can get a good season out of him then might be a decent alternative to Abraham.
Who looks set to join Swansea.
What do you guys think?

Is that blank verse?
I like it!

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Would be a quality signing imo but would think other better placed prem teams would take him.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Is that blank verse?
I like it!

Typed with a quill

quill.jpg

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
We have most people on here who think Downing would be an awful signing despite years at the top. Yet Remy, with one good season and A LOT of injuries, is someone people think we should sign?

I get confused by the standards set by some people on NSC.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
What do you guys think?

I think the only things he's proven in the Premier League are that he's injury prone and a bit shit.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
We have most people on here who think Downing would be an awful signing despite years at the top. Yet Remy, with one good season and A LOT of injuries, is someone people think we should sign?

Nope both dog shit. If some posters are a bit dense and haven't worked out the Albion's moneyball transfer policy yet. That's their problem. Tony Bloom is a businessman who acquires assets that appreciate. Very rarely have we heard of the player or have any previous knowledge about players signed before they show up at the Albion.

We are not gunna waste serious money on an injury prone, one season wonder journeymen. Who's attitudes are questionable.

If some people get off on thinking about these types of players and starting copious amounts of thread on NSC then let them have at it. It just makes for a very long summer.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
He managed 131 minutes of league action for Palace last season. Was injured throughout Sept until beginning of Jan with a hamstring injury and then a calf strain which he immediately picked up after recovering from first injury. Was around first team for a handful of games at start of this year, but Big Sam soon dropped him from that. Essentially, question to ask is why would we want a player who is injury plagued and is also not deemed good enough to play for Palace? Surely there's better targets we should be aiming for.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Why do people just pick random, big name but under-performing players and make threads? If we're actually linked then fair enough (and it will either happen in a few hours or not at all) but to just name some poor and over-paid player who someone thought might be good enough 5 years ago astounds me. How about Nabil Fekir as my random punt if you want French attacking players?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Mixed reception I'd say. Do you think we should sing Downing?

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Why do people just pick random, big name but under-performing players and make threads? If we're actually linked then fair enough (and it will either happen in a few hours or not at all) but to just name some poor and over-paid player who someone thought might be good enough 5 years ago astounds me. How about Nabil Fekir as my random punt if you want French attacking players?

Can't see us signing current French internationals but your point is valid. June and July are silly season in NSC.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here