Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Max Power

oddsonlaughter

Jan 24, 2008
Hiya,

Few rumours our end ( Tranmere ) that you are one of a few clubs after Max Power from Wigan- someone who knows Max has said 4 Championship and 2 Premiership sides ( of which they believe you are one ) have expressed an interest in him

As Max has been at Wigan for 2 seasons I have not seen him week in week out but he is still 23 and while with us he looked like a real talent and a player that could develop quickly, the fact he has interest in him from Premiership sides shows he has developed further which is great for him - and us as we have a sell on fee!

Not sure where he has been playing for Wigan as he can play wide but for us was best as an attacking central midfielder where he was our top goalscorer in league two

Also has one of the best names in football

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Would be a big gamble to buy a player from League One for a season in the Premier League. Suggest this is nonsense but who knows. Great name though

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Can't see at, as another poster says we've been previously linked but would think if we were going for a riskier player they will be under 21.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
A gamble worth taking with a name like that. But as far as a making a deal goes, if they are asking too much would we throw in the Towell?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Wouldn't make the 25 man squad, so seems unlikely.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Hiya,

Few rumours our end ( Tranmere ) that you are one of a few clubs after Max Power from Wigan- someone who knows Max has said 4 Championship and 2 Premiership sides ( of which they believe you are one ) have expressed an interest in him

As Max has been at Wigan for 2 seasons I have not seen him week in week out but he is still 23 and while with us he looked like a real talent and a player that could develop quickly, the fact he has interest in him from Premiership sides shows he has developed further which is great for him - and us as we have a sell on fee!

Not sure where he has been playing for Wigan as he can play wide but for us was best as an attacking central midfielder where he was our top goalscorer in league two

Also has one of the best names in football

Very unlikely, IMO.

I think we clearly are after a midfielder, but it would be a starter rather than cover. I'm not actually sure he is as good as Towell.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
If we want a back up for Gross in that position then I would expect us to keep Towell. Only way I can see us buying him would be cheaply with a large sell on fee for Wigan and a loan back for a season to them.

Very unlikely but could suit a mid table Champ side from the little I've seen of him

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Can't see it being one for the fist team; for that we need players that will approve on what we've already got. If it's for the Dev squad then he's better off staying put or moving to a Championship club that will give him first regular team football. Transfer is a total non-starter for me.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I thought we were interested in him a couple of seasons ago.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here