Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Turkey-v-Darwin

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
There was no religion in the USSR, China, North Korea, Vietman.

Not entirely accurate; all nominally atheist states but never completely did away with religion as, for example, the rapid reestablishment of the Russian Orthodox church in a post Soviet Russia would demonstrate. Also, it is arguable that the communist regimes in China, North Korea and Vietnam coopted elements of Eastern religion, most notably ancestor worship. I would also say it is a bit harsh on Vietnam to lump it in with the other three regimes who have brutalised their own people over time. That is not to say that Vietnam is a utopia (where is) but much of what happened there was a reaction to yet another American intervention that did more harm than good. For a good balanced review try The Penguin History of Modern Vietnam by Christopher Goscha.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Meanwhile it is fine to shove your atheism down everyone's throat. Bravo :) :bigwave:

If athiesm is not a belief system (a moot point) then as I have no belief system I am not an athiest, nor I am not shoving anything down anyone's throat. As is always the case with NSC, read it if you want, and make of it what you will, and expect people to disagree. I'm not sure whether you disagree with me or not (you didn't say) but I'll assume you do. That's fine with me, and as Dave Allen used to say, may your god go with you. :cheers:

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Exactly .
The less religion the more civilisation .
Man made God in his own image is why there are so many God's .
Religion is exactly what you would expect from primates one step away from Chimpanzee's.
Quotes from the late great Christopher Hitchens .

2870 Gods in the history of mankind. Isn't it funny how people are always born into the right religion. *paraphrasing* - Ricky Gervais

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I'm not sure whether you disagree with me or not (you didn't say)

I agree with most of what you say, I don't follow a religion either. I don't agree that someone who follows one is feeble minded and weak though. I'm sure you have some friends that do. Do you call them that to their face?

My post was pointing out the hypocrisy of the message contained within yet another diatribe from you.

That's fine with me:cheers:

It would be fine with you, you'd just think me feeble minded and weak. Oh that's alright then.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I want to know what Zeus thinks of all this . Hopefully he won't have one too many goblets of wine one night and release the Kraken on us all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I agree with most of what you say, I don't follow a religion either. I don't agree that someone who follows one is feeble minded and weak though. I'm sure you have some friends that do. Do you call them that to their face?

My post was pointing out the hypocrisy of the message contained within yet another diatribe from you.

It would be fine with you, you'd just think me feeble minded and weak. Oh that's alright then.

Sorry - not sure if I follow all that. Not sure how you, who do not follow religion, can somehow construe I am calling you feeble minded and weak. Not sure either what constitutes hypocrisy here. If you think I'm talking bollocks and want to say so, go for it. But I think you have the wrong end of the stick. :shrug:

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
https://youtu.be/MQox1hQrABQ Brilliance on the subject of evolution v religion from the late , great and sorely missed Christopher Hitchens .

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I think the biggest problem for the men is that evolution leads eventually to women being equals to men in physical and mental strength.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here