Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your Name On The Shirt

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Wouldn't have my own name on a shirt in a million years. Never actually bothered with any name tbh, but if I did, I'd pick a player (ideally one who was half decent and not likely to leave in the next transfer window...).

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
You go for it. April is a lovely girls name and nothing better than seeing a 17 year old girl in a tight fitting replica shirt:D

That was one of my names that i seriously considered. I also love that name for a girl. Went for Emily in the end.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Bit 'up yourself' aren't you ?

I wear my retro Albion shirt sometimes when I'm abroad - not through a desperate attempt to connect with anyone, but because its a comfortable, loose-fitting shirt and I like it. My Palookaville one as well sometimes. I have no problem with meeting people local-ish to me when I go abroad - I certainly wouldn't be rolling my eyes and slowly edging away if someone from Horsham clocked it and struck up a convo. I'd judge them on their personality and company, not whether they happened to live in the same county.

This, though TBH we tend to avoid places full of English people.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
This, though TBH we tend to avoid places full of English people.

Do you ? I actually much prefer the company of older Brits than most other Europeans. I never go to party places for a holiday

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
I'm not overly keen on it myself but it's not that bad. Nothing can beat a Palace kit for naffness

To be fair, whilst the front your new shirt is clearly Brighton and looks good, the back of it is right up there with the most naff of any palace shirt I can recall, maybe even worse.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
20170624_231824.jpg :cool:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I normally got my surname and 19 - Virgo's number when he scored that goal against Swindon - on mine. My surname is now a players surname and he has 22, so I'd probably confuse a lot of people.

Duffy is a fairly short name so it never cost too much!

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Hate the new shirt so unlikely to get one myself even though it's PL one. We'll just have to stay up long enough to have a decent one.

Last one I liked and bought was the L1 winning shirt. The Mrs steals it a lot so she might get treated to a knock off new one this season if I can actually find one here in Asia. That way can have mine back! Much better chance now I expect :) She gets a fair few looks walking around out here in one if popping to shop round the corner etc. as never wears it 'out, out'. Proudest moment was when she got the usual "yes but which real club (by which they meant PL club or I'm guessing a big Champ League club would suffice) do you support" question and she got the biggest smile and said actually Brighton ARE in the PL.

Her favourite player is Hemed for some reason (perhaps looks amongst players who score) though seems to be morphing towards Knocky the more games she watches. I'll take whatever I can find on a market stall for £5 though tbh. unless we end up making it to the Amex together this year (she usually stays home but is finally coming to UK for a repeat visit this year I think).

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Has a date been announced when the shirt will be available to buy (without pre ordering)?

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

el punal

Wouldn't have my own name on a shirt in a million years. Never actually bothered with any name tbh, but if I did, I'd pick a player (ideally one who was half decent and not likely to leave in the next transfer window...).

ELVIS would look good, not too many letters so not too expensive on the printing costs . . . . oh, hang on a minute . . maybe not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here