Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most emotional song you've heard?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Coming up for 5 years ago this now, but this song, THAT night, was the most emotional version of this very emotional song I've ever seen and heard. During the opening ceremony it came right after a really well done tribute to the 7/7 victims, as was the whole ceremony and coupled with the fact I'd suffered 2 bereavements that year and had drunk quite a few that night, whilst watching what still remains one of the greatest if the not the greatest and most unexpected great nights of TV I've ever watched, it brought a tear to my eye.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Don't think I have any songs that make me emotional because of the lyrics, I do have a few that were played at funerals which will always bring up a bit of emotion though.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008

Another Man's cause by the Levellers for me. I wasnt alive for the Falklands but the message still remains particularly in light of Iraq and Afghanistan.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
Joy Division -Atmosphere.

A truly beautiful song at the best of times but, knowing what was going on Ian's head at the time when he wrote it and subsequent events, one of the most poignant songs ever!

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Never seen that before thanks for posting. Beautifully sad, a nation paying its respects to the greatest Briton of them all.

Exactly Portlock . Very sad . When we were proud of our nation . Yes the greatest Briton . Who sadly would be turning in his grave knowing what his country has become .

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Hauntingly beautiful.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Joy Division -Atmosphere.

A truly beautiful song at the best of times but, knowing what was going on Ian's head at the time when he wrote it and subsequent events, one of the most poignant songs ever!

yes, that's why we should all look out for each other. When that song was played at the end of Control (film) I went to pieces

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Abide With Me.
Wembley '83 was bad enough because I was there with my beloved team.
But Amex '17 as the opera singer blasted it out, and the tears welled up, and my team were in the PL - the name of a friend came up on the screen. Buckets.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Gets me for a number of reasons.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here