Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Car captured on CCTV parking on my drive whilst we were out.....

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
#teamgetalife

We live in a close, and have a small layby of sorts in front of ours which people sometimes use, and occasionally overhang our drive. As long as we can get out I don't really care. Life is too short.....not worth getting stressed about unless it caused a problem. May be misunderstanding the comments but the car was there for 4 minutes ??!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
We now live in a world where People with drives are mistaken if they think they have some sort of right to park on them and or have access...WRONG!

In today's world populated by chavs and selfish CGAF's, other people's drives are there to use and block when THEY feel like. And woe behold the property owner remonstrates with said individual!!

We live near a station and a school (double whammy) and are about the only people without a drive. Which is actually better situation than all our neighbours incredibly! Loads have been blocked in, physically and verbally threatened when politely asking offending motorist not to do. It's got to the point where schools constantly having to write to parents, police are on hand in mornings and afternoons...all to prevent what 10-20 years ago never occurred or if it did, people would just say sorry and move immediately. Yes that's what our tax goes on people - policing areas around schools for parking because so many of today's parents are so f ucking selfish and inconsiderate that EVEN when in the wrong their default position is to physically kick off when asked not park on people's drives or block them ("I'm only going to be 15-20mins, what's the problem you f-ing c*** isn't the nicest way to speak to an elderly lady who wants to go out or get back in"). It's incredible the world we now live in. We're dealing with people who are so thick or so inconsiderate that I genuienly think we're going to have to bring in licences to breed. Bit like the old dog ones. We just can't carry on letting this sizeable population of low life continue to procreate to everyone else's cost, surely?!! :)

A certain road near me has one of those schools that does well for kids education and of course adds to desirability for people buying and selling properties.
This aside,my point is that it also attracts the lazy buggers who collect their kids in cars etc, whilst clogging up the local roads.
I do know for a fact that some parents who live near me, actually drive the nano second to the school to collect their kids.
It is annoying somewhat, but its the times we live in!!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
A certain road near me has one of those schools that does well for kids education and of course adds to desirability for people buying and selling properties.
This aside,my point is that it also attracts the lazy buggers who collect their kids in cars etc, whilst clogging up the local roads.
I do know for a fact that some parents who live near me, actually drive the nano second to the school to collect their kids.
It is annoying somewhat, but its the times we live in!!

Yes the teachers agree if they could the lazy parents would drive their spawn into the classroom rather than force the darlings to walk from say the end of a nearby road.

No wonder kids are so fat! (Are you listening chavvy parents - make your kids walk 'more than a metre', it's good for them! And get dressed whilst you're at it, what sort of standards are you setting dropping them off in your jim jams? Not enough time eh? Too busy on your iPhone?! Sake...)

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Yes the teachers agree if they could the lazy parents would drive their spawn into the classroom rather than force the darlings to walk from say the end of a nearby road.

No wonder kids are so fat! (Are you listening chavvy parents - make your kids walk 'more than a metre', it's good for them! And get dressed whilst you're at it, what sort of standards are you setting dropping them off in your jim jams? Not enough time eh? Too busy on your iPhone?! Sake...)

I forgot to add an example.
A family over the road, rents this 3 bedroom house, they have a BMW and a Chrysler.
The Chrysler is used to pick the kids up!!
This equates to 0.8 miles 3 mins in car.
Walking is 9 mins.
Beggars belief really!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
A family over the road, rents this 3 bedroom house, they have a BMW and a Chrysler.
Walking is 9 mins.
Beggars belief really!

I truly hope they breakdown or get a flat one day! Though that's probably enough to et kids off school

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
Walking is 9 mins.
Beggars belief really!

Wait until they are picking the kids up and park on their driveway! Apparently, there is nothing they can do about it.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
So it turns out that they're friends of my wife - who said they could park outside our house. When they arrived there was someone else in the space, but was looking to leave, so they drove onto our drive, waited until the car had left, and then moved to park outside our house. :) All sorted.

Thanks for all the kind words of support :D

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
#teamgetalife

We live in a close, and have a small layby of sorts in front of ours which people sometimes use, and occasionally overhang our drive. As long as we can get out I don't really care. Life is too short.....not worth getting stressed about unless it caused a problem. May be misunderstanding the comments but the car was there for 4 minutes ??!

100% with you on this. Had a dropped curb put outside our house and space for one car. We're opposite a shop and made a conscious decision not to get wound up about people parking out front when they pop into the shop. Any time we have had to ask people to move they have been lovely, and often embarrassedly shoot out of the shop and drive of before we even have to ask if they see us heading out to the car. its very easy to find stuff to get wound up about, parking really doesn't seem worth it.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Okay.. I see both points of view on this. Here's my take, for what it's worth. Which isn't much, I'll grant you.

If someone parked in/on/across my drive, I'd be effing livid. It's MY drive.

To the 'live and let live' brigade : If you were in McDonalds and someone leaned over, started taking the chips off your tray and eating them, would you say "ah well.. I probably wouldn't have eaten them anyway" and smile sweetly, looking up and tutting?

The one main thing here, for me, is the lack of respect shown by the person parking. They clearly don't give a shit about you, or your property. It's all about them.

If there's one thing in modern society which absolutely sucks arse, it's the lack of respect people show each other - and the absolute thoughtlessness people show.

If someone knocked on my door, apologised, explained, and asked politely if they could use my drive for 10 minutes - I'd say "of course, use it as long as you like - but we'll need it from 5pm onwards (etc)". It's the simple communication thing. However, the thick arsed gobshites (usually women, actually) live in their own little bubble - and whatever they need to do is infinitely more important than anything in your life..

So, in conclusion - ask politely.. Don't just dump your car and shuffle your fat, scruffy arse off to your super-important meeting / drop-off. It's disrespectful.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Okay.. I see both points of view on this. Here's my take, for what it's worth. Which isn't much, I'll grant you.

If someone parked in/on/across my drive, I'd be effing livid. It's MY drive.

To the 'live and let live' brigade : If you were in McDonalds and someone leaned over, started taking the chips off your tray and eating them, would you say "ah well.. I probably wouldn't have eaten them anyway" and smile sweetly, looking up and tutting?

The one main thing here, for me, is the lack of respect shown by the person parking. They clearly don't give a shit about you, or your property. It's all about them.

If there's one thing in modern society which absolutely sucks arse, it's the lack of respect people show each other - and the absolute thoughtlessness people show.

If someone knocked on my door, apologised, explained, and asked politely if they could use my drive for 10 minutes - I'd say "of course, use it as long as you like - but we'll need it from 5pm onwards (etc)". It's the simple communication thing. However, the thick arsed gobshites (usually women, actually) live in their own little bubble - and whatever they need to do is infinitely more important than anything in your life..

So, in conclusion - ask politely.. Don't just dump your car and shuffle your fat, scruffy arse off to your super-important meeting / drop-off. It's disrespectful.

You didn't read post 70, did you?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We live near a station and a school (double whammy) and are about the only people without a drive. Which is actually better situation than all our neighbours incredibly! Loads have been blocked in, physically and verbally threatened when politely asking offending motorist not to do. It's got to the point where schools constantly having to write to parents, police are on hand in mornings and afternoons...all to prevent what 10-20 years ago never occurred or if it did, people would just say sorry and move immediately.
If I was one of those with a drive, I hope I'd break the law and damage the odd offending car.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here