Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Closed Captioning

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Now I realise that this function is of great use to people who are deaf and hard of hearing, so this is in no way a pi$$ take. Some of the CC translations that these guys have to read must leave them wondering what the hell is being said. Watching the Fran Sandaza video on the Seagulls website the CC function automatically came on. It makes interesting reading. :lol:

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2017/june/albion-to-face-sandaza/

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
:lolol:

I've just watched that video with the CC...as you say, anyone relying on that must be wondering what on Earth is going on.

For anyone who hasn't seen it, the actual commentary is:

"Can they do it here at the death, Albion? Bennett with the corner, floats it in there onto the penalty spot...right footed, off the post, lashed into the back of the net! And it's Fran Sandaza, on his home debut, in the 5th minute of injury time!"

Now, if you were relying on the CC to let you know what was happening, you'd have got this:

"can they do it here at the Deaf albion. Bennett with the quarter, floats it in there all to the penalty shot but it looks like a ****ing in it explodes. Dada Dada on his whole Debbie oh it's not fifth inning every three five [APPLAUSE]"

Obviously it's an automated thing (I hope), but you'd be baffled reading that as to some of the detail.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
:lolol:

I've just watched that video with the CC...as you say, anyone relying on that must be wondering what on Earth is going on.

For anyone who hasn't seen it, the actual commentary is:

"Can they do it here at the death, Albion? Bennett with the corner, floats it in there onto the penalty spot...right footed, off the post, lashed into the back of the net! And it's Fran Sandaza, on his home debut, in the 5th minute of injury time!"

Now, if you were relying on the CC to let you know what was happening, you'd have got this:

"can they do it here at the Deaf albion. Bennett with the quarter, floats it in there all to the penalty shot but it looks like a ****ing in it explodes. Dada Dada on his whole Debbie oh it's not fifth inning every three five [APPLAUSE]"

Obviously it's an automated thing (I hope), but you'd be baffled reading that as to some of the detail.

Eh? SPEAK UP A BIT, DIDN'T QUITE CATCH THAT. I SAID I DIDN'T QUITE CATCH THAT... PARDON?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
The joys of technology. Used to be a person transcribing the speech but nowadays they use automatic software to do it which makes many many mistakes due to not understanding context.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here