Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Young Seagulls - Renew membership even if they're ST holders.

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
My youngest turns 7 next month, and even though he's an ST holder I had a dreaded thought that I might not have properly registered him and he'd miss out on his shirt! All good though, BUT, even though he is an ST holder, for next season I still needed to renew his Young Seagull membership through logging into the website. Cost £0.

We don't want any angry threads next summer of kids missing out on birthday shirts! :hilton:

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2017/june/young-seagulls-free-members-must-re-register-for-1718-season/

Snap, My boy is turning 7 next month and I did exactly the same.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
This! I didnt realise this had happened. **** me I thought I was stubborn.

The original thread has been viewed 39,000 times with 450 replies, and the original post didn't get a single thumbs up. Still absolutely no inkling that they might have got this one wrong, mind-blowing.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
You missed seeing the Albion getting promoted over a bloody kids shirt? Really?

That's how it reads - quite staggeringly stubborn.

All over a free shirt that he could have easily got by signing his child up to the scheme at any point in the SEVEN YEARS before the deadline! He chose not to, the club applied their rules and now he's thrown a quite almighty strop about the whole thing, including apparently not seeing us promoted.

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea

All over a free shirt that he could have easily got by signing his child up to the scheme at any point in the SEVEN YEARS before the deadline! He chose not to, the club applied their rules and now he's thrown a quite almighty strop about the whole thing, including apparently not seeing us promoted.

It's actually quite funny really

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I think I might be safe in guessing that he's not yet over it.

If he's serious about not seeing the Albion play all the time that the lady's seniors are still in the club, he may have a long wait; Tony's her senior. Though I do note he gave himself a get out of jail free card of "probably", so that's ok.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

If it meant that his kid/kids missed out on it too because of his stupidity and stubbornness then that makes me angry.

Just him then meh.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
It's actually quite funny really

It's certainly an outstanding example of where someone's "strong principles" in fact make them look like an utter moron.

Taking a stand is one thing, but dear oh dear there's a limit.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
If it meant that his kid/kids missed out on it too because of his stupidity and stubbornness then that makes me angry.

Just him then meh.

Very fair on both points - I have a sad suspicion its the former, although I hope I'm wrong. If it is, then said kid(s) are going to be mightily pissed off with Daddy if they ever find out why they suddenly weren't going to watch the Albion anymore.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yes, the sure ways to fire me up is attack my family verbally or physically or stop me watching the Albion.

Hang on...in this whole sorry saga, I think I must have missed the verbal/physical attack on your family. Did this actually happen, or are you speaking in general terms ?

And nobody is stopping you watching the Albion...except, uhh...you.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
He's probably brain washing his kids as we speak. Bloke is either a good troll or a total mess of a man. It's a shame you didn't boycott this board while you're at it.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton

Each to there own and all that but my word, there is stubborn and then there's that.

I cant get over that it was a FREE shirt that he did not receive, through his own fault that I can make out, that stopped him and the kid(s) see such an amazing season and our first time in the Prem.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Each to there own and all that but my word, there is stubborn and then there's that.

I cant get over that it was a FREE shirt that he did not receive, through his own fault that I can make out, that stopped him and the kid(s) see such an amazing season and our first time in the Prem.

Spot on.

Quite sad really, in multiple senses of the word.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here