Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crystal Maze is back- CH4 9PM

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Season 1 starts with a celeb charity special before moving on to the people that made the show fun in the first place......the general public.
Hoping the return lives up to expectations.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Looking forward to this - loved the original run, so as you say hopefully this lives up to expectations.

I'm not totally convinced by the choice of Richard Ayoade as host, but we'll see how it turns out.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Thanks for the heads up, I probably wouldn't have realised. I'll deffo tune in (or at least record!).

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Season 1 starts with a celeb charity special before moving on to the people that made the show fun in the first place......the general public.
Hoping the return lives up to expectations.

Used to love this as a kid. Richard O'Brian was fantastic. Went downhill a little when Ed Tudor-Pole took over but was still a show I watched every week. Richard whathisface is a good call as presenter I think.....I can see him working. The new set looks ace from the pics I've seen.

Tonights will be shit I expect for the reason you mention. Being "celebrity" <insert show name here> means the "celebrities" will only be known by a handful of the British public. I looked at the picture in the paper last night and only recognised the bloke with the gammy hands who does the last leg.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Used to love this as a kid. Richard O'Brian was fantastic. Went downhill a little when Ed Tudor-Pole took over but was still a show I watched every week. Richard whathisface is a good call as presenter I think.....I can see him working. The new set looks ace from the pics I've seen.

Tonights will be shit I expect for the reason you mention. Being "celebrity" <insert show name here> means the "celebrities" will only be known by a handful of the British public. I looked at the picture in the paper last night and only recognised the bloke with the gammy hands who does the last leg.

Agree. I shall wait until the (I used to be a celebrity and need some TV exposure as I am desperate) 'celebrities' episodes have finished and then watch the Joe public shows.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
I saw this last night. It's not bad but they need more than 2 games per zone. Good to see it back though.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
That Louie Spence is getting right on my tits already.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Ah, that explains it - there didn't used to be an ad break between the second and third zones, only after the first and before the fourth.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
No programme over the years has wound me up more than The Crystal Maze.
If you cant work out the basics of how each game works after 30 seconds then you should never have applied in the first place.
And everybody shouting through a little hatch so loud that the participant could not hear a thing used to drive me insane.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
If you cant work out the basics of how each game works after 30 seconds then you should never have applied in the first place.
And everybody shouting through a little hatch so loud that the participant could not hear a thing used to drive me insane.

I've been watching all the original episodes over the last few weeks. It's amazing how utterly CLUELESS some of the contestants are. It even gets to the point when the hosts start to lose. Richard O'Brian was good at subtly telling contestants they were useless.

There was one episode, I think it was the first ETP one where the team spent the entire time SCREECHING at the participants. Needless to say, they failed.

Also, I felt like they had a MASSIVE GLASSES and RIDICULOUS PERM quota to fulfil.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
That Louis Spencer bloke is perhaps the most irritating person in the world. I was shouting at the TV at him. What a prize cock.

I almost had uncontrollable rage at him. I ended up actually going to bed early rather than watch that bellend. The only other person who pisses me off on TV as much as him is that Giles Brandreth ****.

This sums it up for me.

Despite that, I'm happy to see Richard Ayoade give it a go.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here