Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

♫Glastonbury 2017♫

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Technology - dont you love it. I remember 20 years ago you had to wait for the live show on the BBC in the evening and they had maybe 1 song from each of the big groups on during the day as highlights - now I am already in to my second act live

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Of course he'll do that. That's what politicians do but I don't have a problem with it for a few minutes. As I've said, Glastonbury's always been a left-leaning festival. Btw, I think your wrong on other Labour leaders. For example, Blair could have easily done it. We forget just how popular he was, even before his two landslide victories. He may not have got the crowds that JC pulled but he was treated like a rock star wherever he went in the election campaign of 1997.
Not entirely true..... vast swathes of able bodied public school boys and girls head for the festival scene every summer, particularly in the West Country.... so the balance is not as left as you seem to think..... right-on.. yes...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Not entirely true..... vast swathes of able bodied public school boys and girls head for the festival scene every summer, particularly in the West Country.... so the balance is not as left as you seem to think..... right-on.. yes...

Sorry sorry sorry, just a quick one.
If Corbyn has seen an opportunity to engage kids into an interest in politics and voting then it is a good thing.
The kids ain't stupid they can make their minds up and like him or boo him and luzz things at him if they want.
And there are plenty of adults there too.
But I know he is doing it for popularity and the majority are probably left but if they are stealing the march on going into these different arenas then good for him, if the crowd want it.
The others should be adapting to do the same and bring in a section of the public that are bored with politics and hate these people that they only see lying and behaving like children on TV and in The Commons.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Sorry sorry sorry, just a quick one.
If Corbyn has seen an opportunity to engage kids into an interest in politics and voting then it is a good thing.
The kids ain't stupid they can make their minds up and like him or boo him and luzz things at him if they want.
And there are plenty of adults there too.
But I know he is doing it for popularity and the majority are probably left but if they are stealing the march on going into these different arenas then good for him, if the crowd want it.
The others should be adapting to do the same and bring in a section of the public that are bored with politics and hate these people that they only see lying and behaving like children on TV and in The Commons.
Why politicise a festival?.... all ways the summer festival scene has been an oasis from the battles of real life we all have to face.... I say it's a dodgy thin end.., soon every scheme or agenda will be up grabbing the non music slots at festivals..... boo to that I say.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London

Left-leaning I said. And that's true. Now back to the music, again..

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Why politicise a festival?.... all ways the summer festival scene has been an oasis from the battles of real life we all have to face.... I say it's a dodgy thin end.., soon every scheme or agenda will be up grabbing the non music slots at festivals..... boo to that I say.

Agree with this. Music for many is a way to get away from everyday life (it certainly is for me) and a festival is a way to completely get away. It is sad to see politicians using it as their own platform

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Totally agree.

There's an arrogance to Eavis with this, assuming that his music loving attendees will all be of Corbyn's mindset. There will be 10,000's there with no interest in party politics or perhaps views the other way.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Totally agree.

There's an arrogance to Eavis with this, assuming that his music loving attendees will all be of Corbyn's mindset. There will be 10,000's there with no interest in party politics or perhaps views the other way.

Thats the thing, as much as many will like it there will be loads that are not bothered or have opposing views and it can take you out of that mindset bubble

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Totally agree.

It's a festival that has changed flavour since daughter took over.... Jayzee, Beyonce and Corbyn.... sheesh.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here