Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

♫Glastonbury 2017♫

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
Who actually goes to Glastonbury for the music?????? .....if you do, you're doing it wrong!!!!!

I do. It's all about the music for me. What i don't want is some jumped up little Politician making out that he can save the world, ranting on like some demented halfwit ruining 15 minutes of my Saturday afternoon

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Mike Kerr keeps his bass setup as close a guarded secret as he can. He's probably a bit of a nerd at heart that as soon as he gets a bit of technological kit, he spends hours trying every setting and every variable to get something different from it.

Very amusing reading stuff like this. To be fair you're not far off. He thinks it all being a big secret is a bit of a ridiculous joke now though, it can all be seen on stage, nothing is hidden trickery.

Actually, I say that, Ben is now triggering a lot of the parts you hear via foot pedals, ie the vocal choir YEAHHHH at the start of Lights Out chorus. This is due to the band's intense dislike of backing tracks/loops etc.

As said, you are mostly correct with your summary.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The Sheeran debate gives rise to a question in my mind: why do some artists feel the need to use special effects and devices to produce their live sound - why not just play and sing, and let your talent (or lack thereof) be taken on its own merits?

Using technology, sound and production is a talent. And it certainly gives you more options to be creative. And numerous classic albums have been a result of exploiting and pushing technology. It's down to the artist what he or she does. And we can view it accordingly but I would never dismiss someone purely because they're using technology to achieve their end. I'm not a fan of Sheeran but millions are....he must be doing something right.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Using technology, sound and production is a talent. And it certainly gives you more options to be creative. And numerous classic albums have been a result of exploiting and pushing technology. It's down to the artist what he or she does. And we can view it accordingly but I would never dismiss someone purely because they're using technology to achieve their end. I'm not a fan of Sheeran but millions are....he must be doing something right.

As soon as a guitarist picks up an electric guitar with an amp, they are using a special effect and device. I'm with you, how does Jimmy Hendrix develop his sound without technology and devices?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
As soon as a guitarist picks up an electric guitar with an amp, they are using a special effect and device. I'm with you, how does Jimmy Hendrix develop his sound without technology and devices?

I still listen to Mark King playing his bass guitar with Level 42, fab.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here