Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

♫Glastonbury 2017♫

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
This is so shameless, I wonder about politicians that want to seem cool, Anyone recall a bloke called Tony Blair ?

Everyone in the media and Britpop thought he was cool once, wonder how that ended up....

Oh yeah a war no one wanted and sadly the repercussions are still reverberating around the world and at home.

Corbyn has spent the vast majority of his life campaigning for decidedly "uncool" causes so to accuse him of trying to be cool is a bit rich. Glastonbury has always been left-leaning and many figures on the left of polictics have attended. Worth remembering too that over the years politicians of all persuasions have been to Glastonbury, even Tories like Boris Johnson. Of course he'll be preaching to the converted there but so what. I say cut the man a bit of slack.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Corbyn has spent the vast majority of his life campaigning for decidedly "uncool" causes so to accuse him of trying to be cool is a bit rich. Glastonbury has always been left-leaning and many figures on the left of polictics have attended. Worth remembering too that over the years politicians of all persuasions have been to Glastonbury, even Tories like Boris Johnson. Of course he'll be preaching to the converted there but so what. I say cut the man a bit of slack.

Did it feel 'correct' last night with the Radiohead crowd chanting 'Oooh Jeremy Corbyn'? Whether Red/Blue or whatever, just seems a little odd to me.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

You have your opinion, I have mine that's fine.

I would say the same if Corbyn was a Conservative, I just think it contrived.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Did it feel 'correct' last night with the Radiohead crowd chanting 'Oooh Jeremy Corbyn'? Whether Red/Blue or whatever, just seems a little odd to me.[/QUOTE
Its not a matter of it being " correct" or not, it's just what happened. Politics is in a lot of people's minds the the moment .. the election result, the Grenfell Fire and Brexit. The "Oh Jeremy Corbyn" chant is obviously " a thing " at the moment and so not altogether surprising it's taken off at this year's festival. I heard it a bit for a few moments but it certainly didn't ruin a very memorable set from Radiohead for me.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Sure, we have different views on this. Very difficult to imagine a Conservative politician being invited to do the Pyramid Stage I think.

Equally difficult to think the likes of Kinnock, Smith, Blair, Brown or Milliband turning up for a shout. Labour realised they got a few extra votes by 'engaging with the kids' and want to maintain the momentum with kind old Uncle Jezza.

He'll get 'em going about fairness, equality and free Uni with a clenched fist today, and if RTJ are following him then they'll benefit from a hyped up crowd.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Can we keep one thread away from politics (even if he is coming to the stage for some strange reason later) and back on with the music - Jools has kicked off the day very well

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Equally difficult to think the likes of Kinnock, Smith, Blair, Brown or Milliband turning up for a shout. Labour realised they got a few extra votes by 'engaging with the kids' and want to maintain the momentum with kind old Uncle Jezza.

He'll get 'em going about fairness, equality and free Uni with a clenched fist today, and if RTJ are following him then they'll benefit from a hyped up crowd.

Of course he'll do that. That's what politicians do but I don't have a problem with it for a few minutes. As I've said, Glastonbury's always been a left-leaning festival. Btw, I think your wrong on other Labour leaders. For example, Blair could have easily done it. We forget just how popular he was, even before his two landslide victories. He may not have got the crowds that JC pulled but he was treated like a rock star wherever he went in the election campaign of 1997.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Jezza's ready and wired for his set on the Pyramid stage at 4:30 Glastonbury.

d90a67e1618e181f28b (2).jpg

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Craig David up next, really mixing it up which is the point of it for me

Yeah bit like a cocktail, JC will provide the bitters taste

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here