Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

♫Glastonbury 2017♫

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Hope so. It will be good to possibly hear what they should sound like........ Saw them at 2000 Trees a couple of years ago - I reckon the sound mixer's usual job must have been as a drum'n'bass DJ - heard drums, bass, and a bit of vocals, but nothing else. Could see guitar, mandolin and squeeze boxes on stage, but they might as well not have been playing. Seeing them again in a couple of weeks (at 2000 Trees again) - just hope they've got a better sound man this time.

They should sound a lot better, Scott is a really good doghouse bass player and adds a fuller sound.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
So many highlights from this year's festival. Here are my 3 top picks so far:

77d4b197f5d99c2145f040c6062fa24c.jpg

3cca5ff9ec3ce22f42c3b5428c75d73c.jpg

f6079bd90ebe76f6c7c95d58eed76fce.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Blimey!, you must be really confused if you thought Westwood was a recent arrival from Kingston JA :lol:

I think you might be confusing him with Toddla T :wink:

I may have been being facetious......:whistle::lolol:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
:lolol: I also laughed at that. I had a picture in my head, of some older bus drivers turning up for a pint after work, and wondering what they had stumbled across.

You laugh but it was a bit like that, the club was cheap to hire out and the owner of the local independent record shop put them on, it was an odd mix as I think death metal was just starting up (not sure on that) and there were skater kids, punks, psychos and yes old sideburn, fat, bald bus drivers.

Pretty good gig if I recall.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
You laugh but it was a bit like that, the club was cheap to hire out and the owner of the local independent record shop put them on, it was an odd mix as I think death metal was just starting up (not sure on that) and there were skater kids, punks, psychos and yes old sideburn, fat, bald bus drivers.

Great story :) I'm glad the bus drivers you mentioned did turn up.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Here's all our Glasto stuff for Sunday AM.

57 Full Sets/Episodes via https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/group/p056kg71
including *new* Flaming Lips, Liam Gallagher, The Jacksons, Stormzy, Phoenix, Sleaford Mods, Ride, The National, BADBADNOTGOOD, DJ Shadow, Father John Misty, Sigrid, Temples, British Sea Power.

60+ single tracks from Day 1 and 2 via (available internationally)
https://www.bbc.co.uk/events/ec584f/play/p056f6ty
including *new* Foo Fighters, Stormzy, Kaiser Chiefs, and Wiley.

Article: "Saturday's 10 most unmissable moments"
https://www.bbc.co.uk/music/articles/24443595-4b5c-42a7-b2ac-69dc93e08196

Article - 11 must see artists on Sunday at Glastonbury
https://www.bbc.co.uk/music/articles/37a770e3-6085-4df9-9fee-85d98d9a48c1

*new* Facebook highlights videos via https://www.facebook.com/BBCMusic/
Katy Perry crowdsurfing
Stormzy's "Grenfell" verse
Liam Gallagher / Jo Whiley on "getting down with Grime"
Foo Fighters / Dave Grohl interview
Emily Eavis introduces 10 years of BBC Introducing

We have 215+ Gifs including Foo Fighters, Katy Perry, Liam Gallagher, Stormzy, and Craig David via
https://giphy.com/bbcglastonbury

Live streaming via bbc.co.uk/glastonbury starts today at :
Pyramid Stage: Jamie Cullum - 12.45pm
Other Stage: Rag N' Bone Man - 2.55pm
West Holts: Yorkston, Thorne & Khan - 2.30pm
Introducing : Happy Endings 12.45pm
Park : Julia Jacklin 3.10pm
John Peel Stage: King Gizard 2.30pm

Highlights today include: Ed Sheeran, London Grammar, Goldfrapp, Biffy Clyro, Emile Sande, Courteeners, Chic, Kano, Frank Carter, Luara Marling, Kodaline, Haim, Shaggy, Justice and Barry Gibb...

As well as lots of normal live and highlights coverage on that BBC TWO, BBC Four 6 Music, R2, R1 and Red Button.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Have a good Sunday NSC Glasto watchers. Let me know how its going. I'll tell the team.

Foo Fighters Promo 2.jpg

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004

'local independent record shop' ..... not 'Alan's' by any chance?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Did you manage to catch that set? Couldn't seem to find it myself.

Yes I did, and bloody good it was too :thumbsup:

I watched it 'live' on the West Holts stage iPlayer channel yesterday, but it was more as live I think because shown later than they actually appeared.
I see they've now uploaded it to the iPlayer as a single selection so you'll find it easily enough.
I'm really hoping Oumare Sangare and also The Cinematic Orchestra sets will be shown today as was disappointed to see The Avalanches will not be available.

Btw, it's at times like this that the iPlayer app on a mobile and Chromecast on the TV really come into their own.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Ata Kak set now up on iplayer. That's my next port of call.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Yes I did, and bloody good it was too :thumbsup:

I watched it 'live' on the West Holts stage iPlayer channel yesterday, but it was more as live I think because shown later than they actually appeared.
I see they've now uploaded it to the iPlayer as a single selection so you'll find it easily enough.
I'm really hoping Oumare Sangare and also The Cinematic Orchestra sets will be shown today as was disappointed to see The Avalanches will not be available.

Btw, it's at times like this that the iPlayer app on a mobile and Chromecast on the TV really come into their own.

I'm really disappointed that The Avalanches set won't be available. There album last year was possibly my album of the year.

The band apparently insisted that their set should not be filmed. :shrug:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I'm really disappointed that The Avalanches set won't be available. There album last year was possibly my album of the year.

The band apparently insisted that their set should not be filmed. :shrug:

Same with Toots and The Maytals. Not sure if they even ended playing let alone it not being recorded. Also not sure on who made what decision but do know it hasn't and won't appear.

I'm not a massive fan of Toots' music anyway to be honest so not a huge loss to me. I will however be absolutely gutted if The Cinematic Orchestra set isn't recorded.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here