Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Conor Goldson Loan?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
CG received potentially life-changing news only just recently. That takes some time to come to terms with. And, post-recovery, to shrug off mentally. Makes sense to send him out on loan just as a confidence-regaining exercise. Whoever takes him on loan will be getting a quality young player who IMHO will be a long term asset to the Albion.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Remember when we switched to 1-5-3 formation at Boro for THAT match. Goldson at the back on his own. Bossed it.

I know this post isn't relevant, I just wanted share the memory.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Remember when we switched to 1-5-3 formation at Boro for THAT match. Goldson at the back on his own. Bossed it.

I know this post isn't relevant, I just wanted share the memory.

It's more relevant than a lot of the guff posted on here...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Don't loan him... let him recover here...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Twitter speculation currently about Ipswich taking Goldson - presumably on loan.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Twitter speculation currently about Ipswich taking Goldson - presumably on loan.
Just speculation is my guess, unless we've lined up a CB. Currently CG is one of our 4 CBs, and we can't make do with any less than four. Of course, the club can always bring one in out of the blue and surprise us (for instance, Duffy last year).

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Just speculation is my guess, unless we've lined up a CB. Currently CG is one of our 4 CBs, and we can't make do with any less than four. Of course, the club can always bring one in out of the blue and surprise us (for instance, Duffy last year).

Agreed, we needed 4 centre backs last season and there's no reason to think it would be any different this year. Moving from 4th choice to 1st/2nd choice can happen very quickly. Ask Uwe.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Goldson has said himself he cannot afford to miss another season.
He will go on Loan. Great guy and great player.
The long term deals given to Duffy and Dunk must make him wonder what his future is.
We have the Czech FB to cover.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Andrea Ranocchia's name has been popping up down our end of the Premier League, Burnley being the latest.

I doubt he'd want to come here as 'first reserve' but he definitely has the CV that should be looked at in order to free up a full loan season for Connor.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd be sorry to see Connor edged out of the picture at BHA. I think he'll play in the Premier League, hopefully with us.

I don't imagine anyone thinks Connor will be edged out, but right now shirley it would be better to have played 4 games and rested last night, instead of the other way round.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I hope those keen for CG to stay enjoyed what, fingers crossed, will be his last game till January.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I hope those keen for CG to stay enjoyed what, fingers crossed, will be his last game till January.

Might not be... an injury or suspension to Duffy and he starts...

I get what you mean though, Dunk and Duffy are fundemental to our chances of staying up

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here