Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Across the Universe

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
In my mind, a more perfect pop song was never made. Now murdered by Rufus Wainwright, aided and abetted by Samsung. Shame, I rather liked their phones.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
If it's the Rufus Wainwright version I think you mean, it's quite an old recording. It comes from the I Am Sam soundtrack with a whole host of musicians...Eddie Vedder, Nick Cave, Aimee Mann, Ben Folds, Sheryl Crow, The Vines, Grandaddy etc etc all doing Beatles covers. One of my favourite sountrack albums, as it goes.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
I'd not heard it before, living in blissful ignorance until today when Samsung shoved it under my nose. Can't comment on the other covers on the soundtrack, of course, never having knowingly heard them, and I am generally open minded about covers. But this one is just a SPECIAL song for me.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Fair enough! I'm not a big Rufus Wainwright fan. He tends to play the blouse-y queen too often but I don't mind that cover.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
If it's the Rufus Wainwright version I think you mean, it's quite an old recording. It comes from the I Am Sam soundtrack with a whole host of musicians...Eddie Vedder, Nick Cave, Aimee Mann, Ben Folds, Sheryl Crow, The Vines, Grandaddy etc etc all doing Beatles covers. One of my favourite sountrack albums, as it goes.

Is it a soundtrack album though, given the '..and inspired by...' and therefore I assume includes a track or two which wasn't in the film.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
The 'wildlife' version on Past Masters 2 is a terrific version. For the life of me I can't find a link on You Tube though due to copywrite

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Thank god Jackson Browne did a superb version of this wonderful song. Meaningless fact : Both he and Lennon share the same birth date.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here