Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Anyone invested in Emerging Property units ?

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Interested to hear from anyone on here who has invested in Emerging Property units. We have some funds sitting in our business account, earning nothing, I've been sent a few emails from these guys, offering fixed yields 8/10%, for 10 years. Basically furnished student accommodation or serviced apartments, starting at £46K. Does anyone have any good/bad experiences.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Looks too good to be true, then it is. If you must, invest a small sum, which you won't miss if it turns out to be dead loss.

Do it within an ISA or Pension, using a low cost intermediary regulated by the FCA.

What is the expected yield on a property rental then ? Is 8-10% pa really an exceptional return on property investment ?

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
That is exceptional. But do middle men / management, prevent you getting that in the real world?

We're both busy with other businesses, we just have £45k sitting in the account of the business we own together, that's earning nothing, we won't need it for that business. We don't have the time to actively manage a buy-to-let, plus £45k wouldn't buy you anything in this part of the country. We could just take it out and stick it in a cash ISA, but 1.5% was the best I found. Was just looking to see there was better returns at low risk out there

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Structured deposits through Investec pay great rates. Not without risk but I've done well from them for years.

You can't buy direct and have to use an IFA (principally to ensure the risks are understood I guess) but definitely worth a peek

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We're both busy with other businesses, we just have £45k sitting in the account of the business we own together, that's earning nothing, we won't need it for that business. We don't have the time to actively manage a buy-to-let, plus £45k wouldn't buy you anything in this part of the country. We could just take it out and stick it in a cash ISA, but 1.5% was the best I found. Was just looking to see there was better returns at low risk out there

I'm not a financial advisor. Why not do do some online reading of the financial press before rushing into anything? You also have to be sure that won't suddenly need that cash in an emergency.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Don't get involved with student accommodation funds, absolute nightmare. Google - Mansion Student Acc and Brandeaux Student Acc. I'm still awaiting final payouts.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Don't touch with a barge pole. I have had so many clients who come to me having invested in this type of crap promising great returns with low risk (such a thing does not exist) and they inevitably end up in trouble and investors can't get their money back due to illiquidity or over borrowing or just poor management.

If you want to invest take proper advice from a regulated adviser. If you do not want to take any risk keep it in cash.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Sounds like the sort of property that JC wants to nationalise for the poor and needy? If so you'll be lucky to get 1p on the £.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yeah I read that and a couple of others. I would have liked to have found some genuine investors experience. They have a couple on their site, but of course they could be fake.

Always very suspicious of cold email marketing, especially without a follow up call - hardly inspiring that it is a genuine decent investment if you need to go chasing cold random clients through the purchase of an email marketing list.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Don't touch with a barge pole. I have had so many clients who come to me having invested in this type of crap promising great returns with low risk (such a thing does not exist) and they inevitably end up in trouble and investors can't get their money back due to illiquidity or over borrowing or just poor management.

If you want to invest take proper advice from a regulated adviser. If you do not want to take any risk keep it in cash.

Thanks for that. Pretty much makes my mind up !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here