Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Frank de Boer to Palace

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
A true playing legend like Frank De Boer managing Benteke, Zaha, Cabaye and co or journeyman Chris Hughton in charge of world beaters such as Bruno, Bong and Baldock...I know who's camp I'd rather be in!

Dyche turned you down....Let that sink in before you start getting all billy big bollocks!

Well he's definitely not coming here!...:lolol:.....tbf anyone who signs him is basically saying' we've given up trying to play football'.....Sean Dyche's dream player.

Why do you persist pretending to be a Brighton fan?

May 24, 2017
Why do you persist pretending to be a Brighton fan?

I could ask you the same question....in fact it's a question i could ask a lot of so called fans on here tbh......if wanting the club to rid itself of this small town mentality is not being a Brighton fan.....if supporting the club means accepting being the premier league whipping boys is being a Brighton fan.....if ambition is seen to be disloyal in the eyes of a Brighton fan.....well then as often accused.....i must be a Bournemouth fan obviously!

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Palace, like Brighton, aren't a big club by PL standards. We're about to start out 5th consecutive PL season which is an impressive feat for a club like ours. We've got an excellent squad and an exciting potential managerial appointment.

Yes, five seasons in a row is very impressive. Well done.

Off the pitch, we're probably in a better state than Burnley.

Both of you have antiquated shit hole stadiums though at least yours is bigger by 4,000. Burnley have spent their Premier League money on a new training ground http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/15174299.Training_ground_move_a_sign_of_our_ambition__says_Burnley_captain_Tom_Heaton_as_Clarets_move_into_their_new_home/ where as yours is still the same as it always was. Off the pitch also includes financial security. Burnley by spending wisely have secured their financial future, you have spent all your money on Cabaye and Benteke. So a score draw, or just ahead to Burnley?

On the pitch, we're miles ahead of them. The players at our disposal are far superior to Burnley's, our transfer budget is bigger, our wage budget is bigger, etc.

One point better, that is not miles. You can be dazzled by foreign names but the reality is Burnley's bunch of unglamorous hoofball merchants were safe long before you, and they beat you at your place 2-0 just four games ago and they beat you at Turf Moor as well. You cannot be that blinkered that you think you are miles better than them.

Saints, however, definitely have the edge on us. Their squad is comparable to ours but their youth development is better, their facilities are better and they're a more established club than we are. There's no shame in losing out to Southampton in the chase for a player/manager, but I'd be surprised if anyone fancied Burnley as a better career move.

Saints do not have the 'edge' on you, they are a much bigger club and always have been, and probably always will be. Their squad is not comparable with yours, it is much much better. They have finished 8th, 7th, 6th and 8th in the last four seasons, playing in the Europa League twice in the process. You lot just stayed up two years in a row. Seriously where do you get these delusions of grandeur from?

Last edited:

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Dyche turned you down....Let that sink in before you start getting all billy big bollocks!

First I've heard about that , have you a link ?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here