Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Frank de Boer to Palace

Threeagles

Dec 1, 2012
As promised feck off and die troll

Calm down Simmo the season hasn't started yet.!!

We have got a new song for FDB when he arrives:

Frank De Boer's from Holland
He wears an orange hat
He used a can of Ajax
To clean his orange flat.

Maybe that will make you cheer up, then again maybe not.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Calm down Simmo the season hasn't started yet.!!

We have got a new song for FDB when he arrives:

Frank De Boer's from Holland
He wears an orange hat
He used a can of Ajax
To clean his orange flat.

Maybe that will make you cheer up, then again maybe not.
To be fair that is a good song. Now **** off [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
Really? Booker and White were at the same time and caretakers. Hinshelwood and Jones were also caretakers. If we do that with Palace since 2008 we have Warnock, Hart, Burley, Freedman, Lawrence, Fleming, Holloway, Millen, Pulis, Millen, Warnock, Millen, Pardew and Allardyce. 14 managers but we all know that is silly don't we?

15 if you count de Boer.

Last edited:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
You really are desperate :lolol:

The facts don't lie. Under Fat Sam we would have come top 10.

They aren't facts, that's presuming you keep the same form up. English isn't your strong point, is it? Doesn't surprise me.

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
Dyche was widely reported to be very interested in the job, but Palace preffered Pellegrino or De Boer. If Frank turns us down then Dyche would likely be Plan C.

As if Dyche would have been prepared to be 3rd choice. Palace's only chance of getting him would have been to head-hunt him and offer a huge transfer budget (which apparently they have not got after blowing all their pocket money in January).

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
As if Dyche would have been prepared to be 3rd choice. Palace's only chance of getting him would have been to head-hunt him and offer a huge transfer budget (which apparently they have not got after blowing all their pocket money in January).

It has never stopped them before...They are well accustomed to spending beyond their means..You don't have to go too far back in history to find out!

The Raver

Banned
Jun 9, 2017
It has never stopped them before...They are well accustomed to spending beyond their means..You don't have to go too far back in history to find out!

You're like a broken record...

Back to FDB... how any of you can't see this is an exciting appointment for Palace is beyond me. I bet if Hughton quit and you were linked with De Boer you'd be delighted.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Back to FDB, how any of you can't see this is an exciting appointment for Palace is beyond me. I bet if Hughton quit and you were liked with De Boer you'd be delighted.

We're all very happy with the manager who we have, thanks.
A manager who would appear to be very happy with the club and his employer.

I guess that's a concept you can't quite get your head around.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005

Back to FDB, how any of you can't see this is an exciting appointment for Palace is beyond me. I bet if Hughton quit and you were liked with De Boer you'd be delighted.

Does CHEATING touch a nerve?

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton

Hmm not so sure. His stock is a bit low after the Inter disaster.

It's a 50/50 call for me.

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
Hiring De Boer has significantly increased Palace's relegation chances - they'd be safe as houses with Allardyce (or Dyche).

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Hiring De Boer has significantly increased Palace's relegation chances - they'd be safe as houses with Allardyce (or Dyche).

Thankfully according to the bookies our chances of survival are still considerably better than those of Huddersfield, Burnley, Brighton, Watford, Swansea and Newcastle.

While I agree that Allardyce would almost guarantee survival, Dyche certainly wouldn't, which is why we haven't approached him over De Boer.

The Raver

Banned
Jun 9, 2017
Hmm not so sure. His stock is a bit low after the Inter disaster.

It's a 50/50 call for me.

It was hardly a disaster given the shambles they were (and still are in). 5 wins, 2 draws, 7 defeats isn't brilliant but he wasn't really given a chance to turn it around.

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
It was hardly a disaster given the shambles they were (and still are in). 5 wins, 2 draws, 7 defeats isn't brilliant but he wasn't really given a chance to turn it around.

Whereas the dancing clown was, how did that go .....?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

Back to FDB... how any of you can't see this is an exciting appointment for Palace is beyond me. I bet if Hughton quit and you were linked with De Boer you'd be delighted.

A bloke with no experience in English football, whose last tenure was over before he got a name card on his desk?
No, I really think we'd be looking for a safe pairs of hands to steady the ship rather than a complete punt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here