The Raver

Banned
Jun 9, 2017
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/crystal-palace/results

where ?

last 4 games of season

lost at Utd , smashed at City , done at home to Burnley

Yeah traffic

Granted the Chelsea , Liverpool and arsenal results did it for you but look at the rest of the results , all season and post Fat Sam ... .. a shambles , like 2016

No disgrace in losing to City or United away from home. Also funny how you failed to mention the 4-0 win vs Hull...???

The season wasn't good but it was not a shambles. If you did it under Allardyce's results alone we would have finished top 10.

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
IMHO Palace have problems ahead. The owners are going to have to spend heavily on their facilities in the short to medium term and will not be financing the team like they have the last 2 windows. The need for better infrastructure is coming from many places. Fans, local council and the league itself. And it has been affecting their efforts to attract players. And now they have a manager whose experience has been with big clubs with relatively big budgets. He has no experience managing here and he has no experience of managing a tight budget. So be calm everyone, good times are coming.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
No disgrace in losing to City or United away from home. Also funny how you failed to mention the 4-0 win vs Hull...???

The season wasn't good but it was not a shambles. If you did it under Allardyce's results alone we would have finished top 10.

If my auntie had bollocks she would be my uncle.

Season is 38 games , not 4 or 6 or in this instance the 10 you are choosing.

The Rock

Apr 14, 2017
IMHO Palace have problems ahead. The owners are going to have to spend heavily on their facilities in the short to medium term and will not be financing the team like they have the last 2 windows. The need for better infrastructure is coming from many places. Fans, local council and the league itself. And it has been affecting their efforts to attract players. And now they have a manager whose experience has been with big clubs with relatively big budgets. He has no experience managing here and he has no experience of managing a tight budget. So be calm everyone, good times are coming.

Oh look at you all cocky cause youve FINALLY managed to make it to the PL and haul yourself out of the doldrums that was League One and the withdean (that you couldnt even sell out). Parish and the ameicans have carried out extensive due dilligance and would not have hired him if he wasnt the right man. Southampton are getting Pellegrino, (who has never managed here), are they worried? Doesnt look like it.

The Raver

Banned
Jun 9, 2017

Cabaye in 2015/16, Benteke last year, Zaha signed up on a long term deal this year, hardly failing to attract top players is it? And a big name in De Boer this season as manager.

Last edited:

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Of course we all know De Boer means "the farmer" in Dutch. Maybe he's taken one look at your "training facilities" (i.e a field and a shed) and assumed he would fit right in?

Yes it's not much better, but it's the best I can do at short notice as I don't spend all day on your shit forum.

Nah, not as funny, but good try.
Regarding spending all day on our shit forum, where have you been ?
You were a regular on our away end, and then suddenly stop posting.
Please come back :kiss:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Have any of you Palace fans been here: http://ajax.netwerk.to/forums/HTML/forum25/302-164.php?

He was at Ajax for over 5 seasons, so I guess they know him well.

Favourite Google translated comments for Brighton fans:

"They will at Palace sometimes scratching their heads."

"October 17: Fans of Crystal Palace have changed.. their song... to 'Sad All Over.'"

"CPFC is also not know for its sparkling football."

"Shall we keep track of how often his words/phrases "unfortunate" and "we have dominated the game" are going to use."

General complaints about possession football that dominates, but doesn't excite or score. We remember that.

The Raver

Banned
Jun 9, 2017
Have any of you Palace fans been here: http://ajax.netwerk.to/forums/HTML/forum25/302-164.php?

He was at Ajax for over 5 seasons, so I guess they know him well.

Favourite Google translated comments for Brighton fans:

"They will at Palace sometimes scratching their heads."

"October 17: Fans of Crystal Palace have changed.. their song... to 'Sad All Over.'"

"CPFC is also not know for its sparkling football."

"Shall we keep track of how often his words/phrases "unfortunate" and "we have dominated the game" are going to use."

General complaints about possession football that dominates, but doesn't excite or score. We remember that.

FDB won 4 league titles at Ajax in a row and was only denied a 5th due to a calamitous last day f*** up. Since he left, Ajax haven't won the league. I bet most of the Ajax fans on that forum have nothing but praise for him yet you have just chosen to pick out the few bad quotes as it suits your agenda.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
FDB won 4 league titles at Ajax in a row and was only denied a 5th due to a calamitous last day f*** up. Since he left, Ajax haven't won the league. I bet most of the Ajax fans on that forum have nothing but praise for him yet you have just chosen to pick out the few bad quotes as it suits your agenda.

You seem to assume I give a flying feck what you think :moo:

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia

But they were mediocre in Europe under de Boer, and those league trophies were won at a time when Eredivisie's prestige was nosediving... now under Bosz, they seem to have been revitalized

May 24, 2017
Palace, like Brighton, aren't a big club by PL standards. We're about to start out 5th consecutive PL season which is an impressive feat for a club like ours. We've got an excellent squad and an exciting potential managerial appointment.

Off the pitch, we're probably in a better state than Burnley. On the pitch, we're miles ahead of them. The players at our disposal are far superior to Burnley's, our transfer budget is bigger, our wage budget is bigger, etc.
Saints, however, definitely have the edge on us. Their squad is comparable to ours but their youth development is better, their facilities are better and they're a more established club than we are. There's no shame in losing out to Southampton in the chase for a player/manager, but I'd be surprised if anyone fancied Burnley as a better career move.

Eddie Howe once turned down Palace to go to Burnley tbf....

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Nah, not as funny, but good try.
Regarding spending all day on our shit forum, where have you been ?
You were a regular on our away end, and then suddenly stop posting.
Please come back :kiss:

Iirc he had a swearing fit , abused everyone then stormed off never to be heard of again . It has gone down as the most amusing flounces ever seen on here and there's been a few .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here