Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Frank de Boer to Palace

The Raver

Banned
Jun 9, 2017
A bloke with no experience in English football, whose last tenure was over before he got a name card on his desk?
No, I really think we'd be looking for a safe pairs of hands to steady the ship rather than a complete punt.

I don't mean this to sound disrespectful at all but Hughton prob suits a team like yours, newly promoted and looking to survive this year. De Boer is more suited to us and our squad now we are looking to push on and not just focus on survival. You might think that's an arrogant comment but I think it's fair, our current squad is not bottom 3 material unless we significantly under performed.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
You're like a broken record...

Back to FDB... how any of you can't see this is an exciting appointment for Palace is beyond me. I bet if Hughton quit and you were linked with De Boer you'd be delighted.
Looks a bit Sami Hyypia to me, but I'm pleased that you're happy.

I'm sure he'll do really well for you and being a bit of a "name" will impress your American ownership. It's win win.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I don't mean this to sound disrespectful at all but Hughton prob suits a team like yours, newly promoted and looking to survive this year. De Boer is more suited to us and our squad now we are looking to push on and not just focus on survival. You might think that's an arrogant comment but I think it's fair, our current squad is not bottom 3 material unless we significantly under performed.

Two words... **** OFF

The Raver

Banned
Jun 9, 2017
My intention is not to intimidate.. just take your arrogant views and go to your own board.. no one cares what you have to say about our team or squad! You add nothing to this board!

How is anything I've said arrogant?? Look at our first X1...Hennessey aside, do you really think it's a team that should be focusing on just avoiding relegation?

The Raver

Banned
Jun 9, 2017
Well it was... so your point is?

We avoided relegation by 6 points and a huge goal difference despite having the clown that was Pardew at the helm for half the season. My point is, with a half decent manager we are a decent side capable of finishing top 10, as Allardyce proved.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
We avoided relegation by 6 points and a huge goal difference despite having the clown that was Pardew at the helm for half the season. My point is, with a half decent manager we are a decent side capable of finishing top 10, as Allardyce proved.

You were getting into Europe last season.. we don't care..

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
Cabaye in 2015/16, Benteke last year, Zaha signed up on a long term deal this year, hardly failing to attract top players is it? And a big name in De Boer this season as manager.
None of those 3 were getting other offers when you signed them. Only Zaha apparently had the option to leave when he re-signed his contract having joined after failing at a big club. More telling was Allardyce's comments during the January window. What was it? 40 players had been approached? Oh yeah and what was it? 9000 season ticket holders while you were in the championship at the beginning of the last season?

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA

Is that the same clown that you numpties were suggesting should get the England job just 12 months before?

The Raver

Banned
Jun 9, 2017
None of those 3 were getting other offers when you signed them. Only Zaha apparently had the option to leave when he re-signed his contract having joined after failing at a big club. More telling was Allardyce's comments during the January window. What was it? 40 players had been approached? Oh yeah and what was it? 9000 season ticket holders while you were in the championship at the beginning of the last season?

And you know this how?

As for you comment about our past season ticket sales, I would come back at you by saying you weren't able to sell out Withdean during certain games.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
And you know this how?

As for you comment about our past season ticket sales, I would come back at you by saying you weren't able to sell out Withdean during certain games.

Have you really nothing better to do? It's the weekend. Go get a life. You've spent all week on here.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
And you know this how?

Maybe if Palace had suffered a little bit of the hard times we have been through, you may understand.. but you are far too arrogant to understand!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Iirc he had a swearing fit , abused everyone then stormed off never to be heard of again
You'd go up in my estimation if you could manage the same.
It has gone down as the most amusing flounces ever seen on here and there's been a few
I guess it's not the most entertaining forum then, which is why you end up here.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Home end and you know it!
They didn't give the figures separately, and we also used to announce the attendance as, well, the actual attendance, rather than tickets sold, so you wouldn't see whether or not it sold out.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I'd worry about your chances more with the team you have, 2nd season syndrome and all that...

Is that the same 2nd season syndrome you lot said we'd have about the Amex attendances? or is it 5th season? Perhaps 6th season?

Let's face it, your opinion has no stock here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here