Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Frank de Boer to Palace

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
That's normal these days , haven't you had 10 managers in 9 years ? Manager longevity like wenger dont happen anymore .
Since 2008 we've had 6 managers - Adams, Slade, Poyet, Garcia, Hyppia and Hughton.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Since 2008 we've had 6 managers - Adams, Slade, Poyet, Garcia, Hyppia and Hughton.

And we didnt sack all of them, Hyppia walked as he knew he wasnt upto the job, Poyet ... well he sacked himself.... and Garcia left of his own accord..

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
That's absolutely hilarious !
Did it take you long to come up with that ?
Of course we all know De Boer means "the farmer" in Dutch. Maybe he's taken one look at your "training facilities" (i.e a field and a shed) and assumed he would fit right in?

Yes it's not much better, but it's the best I can do at short notice as I don't spend all day on your shit forum.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
If he joins he could be a good fit with our exciting team . He will have world wide appeal and will give us a great chance of tapping into the Dutch market .
Nows the time to push on and I'm getting quite excited about him . The futures bright the futures orange .

Good luck there

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
You can Imagine De Boer sitting there in Holland, on the phone to "Mr Chairman":

"A London club you say? In the Premier League? Your managers become National Team managers? Where do I sign!?"

Rolls into Croydon

"Hmmm, I'm sure we are just going through here to get to PROPER London and see her maj"

Pulls up at Selhurst Park

"Why are we stopping here? Oh god"

The Raver

Banned
Jun 9, 2017
You won 2 of the first 11 games Big Sham was in charge off (and one of those wins was in the FA Cup against Bolton), save for a purple patch from end of February to start of April where you won 4 in a row your record was a joke, 3 wins and a draw from the last nine games. Limped your way to safety and lucky there were 6 sides at least as bad as you last season. Still if that's playing to your potential you must have real high hopes for this coming season.
I do as it happens, I think at a push we can make the top 10 and we will hopefully have a good cup run in either the league or FA Cup. 4-6 points from you is realistic in my view which would please a lot of the fan-base.

The fact that you a brushing of my comments about Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool show's you're not someone to be taken seriously, these were fantastic wins against top sides, I highly doubt you will get wins against any of them this season.

Last edited:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Adams, Booker, White, Slade, Hinshelwood, Poyet, Garcia, Hyppia, Jones and Hughton.

That's 10 isn't it?

Really? Booker and White were at the same time and caretakers. Hinshelwood and Jones were also caretakers. If we do that with Palace since 2008 we have Warnock, Hart, Burley, Freedman, Lawrence, Fleming, Holloway, Millen, Pulis, Millen, Warnock, Millen, Pardew and Allardyce. 14 managers but we all know that is silly don't we?

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Really? Booker and White were at the same time and caretakers. Hinshelwood and Jones were also caretakers. If we do that with Palace since 2008 we have Warnock, Hart, Burley, Freedman, Lawrence, Fleming, Holloway, Millen, Pulis, Millen, Warnock, Millen, Pardew and Allardyce. 14 managers but we all know that is silly don't we?

I was only repeating the list of Brighton managers from this source:- http://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=381&teamTabs=managers

The same source has Palace down as 12 managers since 2008:- http://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=646&teamTabs=managers

God knows how exactly they are defining who qualifies as a team's manager. :D

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
You won 2 of the first 11 games Big Sham was in charge off (and one of those wins was in the FA Cup against Bolton), save for a purple patch from end of February to start of April where you won 4 in a row your record was a joke, 3 wins and a draw from the last nine games. Limped your way to safety and lucky there were 6 sides at least as bad as you last season. Still if that's playing to your potential you must have real high hopes for this coming season.
I do as it happens, I think at a push we can make the top 10 and we will hopefully have a good cup run in either the league or FA Cup. 4-6 points from you is realistic in my view which would please a lot of the fan-base.

The fact that you a brushing of my comments about Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool show's you're not someone to be taken seriously, these were fantastic wins against top sides, I highly doubt you will get wins against any of them this season.

Post #168, just noting it for a good bounce at the end of next season.

You may have a better season, but, you will never be able to take away the car crash of a year you had in 2016, and last season losing last minute goals to Swansea, and Burnley, especially to an ex seagull, and being 0-4 down at half time at home to a really really woeful Sunderland side, and, all your oh so loyal supporters trying to get at the players. The bloke who squared up to Delaney(?), Cabaye offering out a supporter for a punch up in the car park, a truly golden season.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
They were indeed fantastic wins.

But talking of brushing aside facts, you appear to be brushing aside the fact that just 2 of those unexpected wins are all that kept you up last season.

The Raver

Banned
Jun 9, 2017
They were indeed fantastic wins.

But talking of brushing aside facts, you appear to be brushing aside the fact that just 2 of those unexpected wins are all that kept you up last season.

Again, our fight with relegation was down to Pardew.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Again, down to Pardew's management. Allardyce needed some time to turn it around and sort out the mess Pardew had made, then the results came.
As I recall, many a Nigel was left unimpressed by Allardcye for the first half of his tenure.

Still, we'll see. If that same group of players sees you in the bottom three by Christmas, whose fault will that be? Sadly I suspect you'll finish mid-table whereas I would be delighted with 4th from bottom for us.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Again, down to Pardew's management. Allardyce needed some time to turn it around and sort out the mess Pardew had made, then the results came.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/crystal-palace/results

where ?

last 4 games of season

lost at Utd , smashed at City , done at home to Burnley

Yeah traffic

Granted the Chelsea , Liverpool and arsenal results did it for you but look at the rest of the results , all season and post Fat Sam ... .. a shambles , like 2016

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here