Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Frank de Boer to Palace

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The official Palace instagram just posted a photo of RONALD de Boer instead of FRANK.

They really are the gift that keeps on giving

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Awful lot of bitterness on here. :D I'd say Frank is a solid appointment. Experienced but still reasonably young, A lot to like about him. Obviously only time will tell if he is a good appointment but happy enough with him considering some of the crap managers around. 2 or 3 solid players in and we should be fine again.

Looking forward to seeing how you guys go next season. Would imagine you will be looking to bring another 3 or 4 players in to strengthen the starting 11 before the end of the transfer window. Exciting times.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Awful lot of bitterness on here. :D I'd say Frank is a solid appointment. Experienced but still reasonably young, A lot to like about him. Obviously only time will tell if he is a good appointment but happy enough with him considering some of the crap managers around. 2 or 3 solid players in and we should be fine again.

Looking forward to seeing how you guys go next season. Would imagine you will be looking to bring another 3 or 4 players in to strengthen the starting 11 before the end of the transfer window. Exciting times.

There's time to bring in some new blood but it's going a bit slow. We do tend to pluck a player or two from relative obscurity, cheaply, so I'd expect us to do that again. I'm not sure how I will get through the next 6.5 weeks, I just want the season to start!

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Fair points, except the bitterness - we've had an amazing season and a summer of relative calm so far with chances to improve our squad, whereas you've had so far a summer of uncertainty and the possibility that it could work out amazingly, but also could be our Sami season. No bitterness required from our end of the motorway.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
There's time to bring in some new blood but it's going a bit slow. We do tend to pluck a player or two from relative obscurity, cheaply, so I'd expect us to do that again. I'm not sure how I will get through the next 6.5 weeks, I just want the season to start!

Yer plenty of time left to get players in, June is usually quiet in the football world, So I wouldn't worry too much at present, Enjoy the season.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Fair points, except the bitterness - we've had an amazing season and a summer of relative calm so far with chances to improve our squad, whereas you've had so far a summer of uncertainty and the possibility that it could work out amazingly, but also could be our Sami season. No bitterness required from our end of the motorway.

Some posters on here struggle to post without bitterness with regards to Palace, Shame.

Agree in that you had a fantastic season just gone, It can be difficult to attract players in the first season up though as we found out. Still think 3 or 4 quality players and you have a good chance of staying up, Plenty of average teams in the league. Team spirit and the full backing of the crowd certainly helped us in the first couple of seasons, You guys should follow the same path.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Some posters on here struggle to post without bitterness with regards to Palace, Shame.

Agree in that you had a fantastic season just gone, It can be difficult to attract players in the first season up though as we found out. Still think 3 or 4 quality players and you have a good chance of staying up, Plenty of average teams in the league. Team spirit and the full backing of the crowd certainly helped us in the first couple of seasons, You guys should follow the same path.

Not all of us, I never get involved with the silly talk. Having made Sussex ( a what a lovely county it is)my home in 1988 and spending loads of time in Brighton going to gigs and hanging about with my mates, Don't really have this silly pantomime hatred some have. But OH how I love Palace to beat BHA, but than sit in a pub with them and chat about it...I save my pantomime hate for Leeds and Chelsea ( yes I am of that age!)

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Not all of us, I never get involved with the silly talk. Having made Sussex ( a what a lovely county it is)my home in 1988 and spending loads of time in Brighton going to gigs and hanging about with my mates, Don't really have this silly pantomime hatred some have. But OH how I love Palace to beat BHA, but than sit in a pub with them and chat about it...I save my pantomime hate for Leeds and Chelsea ( yes I am of that age!)
1988? JCL!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here