Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Frank de Boer to Palace

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Some posters on here struggle to post without bitterness with regards to Palace, Shame.

Bitterness has the suggestion that we are resentful of Palace is some way. I don't think this is true. There are far better words to describe our feelings for your nasty football team: Loathing is good, antipathy, hostility, enmity all work. Hatred if you want to be straightforward, but my choice would probably be narrowed down to either disgust or repugnance. They have the useful suggestion of stomach upset that seems necessary to describe my own more visceral feelings for CPFC.

I should mention that this describes feelings for your grubby club, not for you nice fans that come on to NSC to enlighten us with all of your enthralling opinions. The word I would choose to describe my feelings about you lot is probably bewilderment. Why on earth would anyone sign up to the forum of their deadliest rivals in the first place? Once there, why would they be at all surprised that the fans of their deadliest rivals don't like their team very much? Why would they think that anything they say is going to change opinions? The only answer I can come up with is a need to show off to each other. "Look at me Pa Hatfield, I done kicked the McCoys mule!" "Egadz Brother Montagues, verily hath I not outwitted those dullard Capulets?"

It wins no hearts nor minds and, when you consider how best to spend your time, it's not a very edifying pursuit is it?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Some posters on here struggle to post without bitterness with regards to Palace, Shame.

Agree in that you had a fantastic season just gone, It can be difficult to attract players in the first season up though as we found out. Still think 3 or 4 quality players and you have a good chance of staying up, Plenty of average teams in the league. Team spirit and the full backing of the crowd certainly helped us in the first couple of seasons, You guys should follow the same path.

I guess it depends on your definition of bitter - i think a fair number were bitter about you beating us in the play-offs, but the vast majority are over that. We have the advantage over you in some ways (infrastructure etc) whilst you have it in other ways (squad strength, top-flight experience etc).
I do agree with you though; we were never gonna get the biggest and best players and i think some of the fees being touted show how thinly one promotion windfall can be spread. 17th will always be the target for us in the 1st season and anything else is a bonus - i'd even take 17th now if it had the caveat that we were tanked twice by you :wink:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Oi! Where is your sense of history? We have been relegated before and we will be relegated again, but Palace have never done the double over us.

:lolol: it's there and if the opportunity arose then sure, i'd love for that to continue - but if it was financial security for the club moving forward then it'd suck, but i'd rather have that and deal with the gloating...we've put up with the gloating for a few years already!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
So by your reckoning Palace have an overwhelming record against you. Suit yourself.

By my reckoning, your club ceased to be in 2010 and are now some kind of MK Dons abomination. Justice would have seen you get the same punishment that Luton got.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I wouldn't be so sure. If Del Fenner is counting pre-war, I'm sure he will also count the exhibition games played during the war, that they won overwhelmingly.

They weren't league or cup games. It is only fair that we go back to 1920, but there again, they aren't the same club, are they?

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Zaha was doing his customary swan diving, this made it look worse than what it was... Most players would shrug it off and get on with it..Not that Diving cheat though!

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Having watched the game this morning, if we'd been playing WBA and Nyom put in those challenges against AK or March I wouldn't have been happy either. I could imagine AK would have bitten back. Was funny to see the handbags in a couple of flashpoints. That Milivojević looks handy though. His signing in January passed me.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I also watched it and thought the defender decided to kick zaha as hard as he could and as often!

If I was a palace fan I would have been furious too...it was only a kick about and West Brom were animals!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I also think ak will get the same treatment from most teams. Something we will have to get used to!

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I also think ak will get the same treatment from most teams. Something we will have to get used to!

There are some cynical teams waiting . Any of your flair players will be targeted and you will get very frustrated with the refs reluctance to give decisions your way .

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There are some cynical teams waiting . Any of your flair players will be targeted and you will get very frustrated with the refs reluctance to give decisions your way .
Don't worry we're used to it, Knockaert dives more than Zahahahaha.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here