Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Fanta Lemon.

I always associate it with going on holiday as a kid. I'm sure they didn't used to sell it in the UK back then (late 80s/early 90s)

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Sprite! I would have swapped this for R Whites Lemonade.

Cream Soda is good but better with a dollop of vanilla ice cream.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Does anyone remember the slot machines which dispensed cartons of refrigerated milk located at various points in the street. I think they disappeared after the Milk Marketing Board was abolished. They would have been great to still have around in the last few days.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Does anyone remember the slot machines which dispensed cartons of refrigerated milk located at various points in the street. I think they disappeared after the Milk Marketing Board was abolished. They would have been great to still have around in the last few days.

Weren't they flavoured? ie strawberry

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

I was around at the time and seen pictures of them on another thread but I never saw one.
Cigarette vending machines outside shops and Bazooka Joe, XL and Beech Nut gum (free pack every third turn) even parrafin but never milk.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Weren't they flavoured? ie strawberry

I only remember pure milk. I still think about the time in 1960 when I was hitch hiking from Manchester to Shoreham. In the early hours I was at what at that time was Purley Crossroads waiting for my next lift and buying a carton from one of those machines. It was delicious.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Very early memories of them whilst on Cornish holidays in about 1970, around caravan sites. Came in tetrapaks.

Also, but we'd be ill advised to drink this, Parafin vending machines outside small grocery stores. These days they'd be a target for vandals and would be prevented by a raft of laws.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I only remember pure milk. I still think about the time in 1960 when I was hitch hiking from Manchester to Shoreham. In the early hours I was at what at that time was Purley Crossroads waiting for my next lift and buying a carton from one of those machines. It was delicious.

I've got a vague memory of strawberry-flavoured milk from a carton - but probably a little later in the late 60s.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic

Remember them well. Used to be a machine outside the shop/post office in Portslade old village. Strawberry milk.

Not a fan of soft drinks nowadays. softest being Staropramen, but as a kid, Sunday dinner was accompanied by Cream Soda and Ice cream mixed for me and my sister. Years later, my step grandkids did the same with Coke... found that a bit shit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here