Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Looking for an Albion fan from the LGBTQ community

D

Deleted member 2719

As the need for the LGBTQ community is so separated from the heterosexual community should they have their own toilets at the AMEX???

Maybe their own stand???

Each to your own but the drum keeps banging loud and clear, ditch the 'we are different drum' and get on with life please.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
When you are trying to discuss a subject that specifically involves one particular orientation, one is more qualified to talk about it than the other.

Would you hire a plumber to do the electrics in your house, or is that also too much discrimination for you?

Yes , I accept your first point - but the imagine the binfest from the following job advert:

White Hetrosexual man required for daily football reporter (BAME / LGBT+ need not apply)

Clearly that job advert would see NSC go into meltdown

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I don't equate being part of the LGBTQ community with being disabled.

You don't think both have suffered at the hands of bigots, spiteful people and the system as a whole? You see one thing, but ignore the other? Appalling.

I'm also not particularly interested in reading about the day to day life of fans, whatever way they express their sexuality. I don't find it odd that if they wanted to write an article about an LGBTQ person that they would seek out an LGBTQ person. I find it odd that anyone would be interested in this sort of thing.

I suppose if it helps an LGBTQ person feel more comfortable or if it dispels some myths about football being full of homophobes (it is), then all power to them.

It's not for me.

Then if The Albion Mag is not for you, and therefore nothing to do with you, why are you honking your meaningless internet twaddle, basically howling "look at me... I don't care about this. Look at me saying this..."

Talk about putting yourself in the way of the bullshit juggernaut.

The Clamp

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Says the bloke who doesnt even read the magazine he's taking umbrage with. Suggest you take your own advice and leave this thread or at least try to desist from the name calling.

Im likely to get a ban anyway so don't worry. Seeing as that's likely have another one you pompous, meddling, holier than thou, boring old F U C K wit.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Faux-offence at it's absolute peak.

But it does (rightly or wrongly) segregate some people. I like the idea of having a LGBT+ column - heck, call it 'Queerfield' but if we had a column on 'The white man says' - society would be scrambling over itself to label the later as racist

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
But it does (rightly or wrongly) segregate some people. I like the idea of having a LGBT+ column - heck, call it 'Queerfield' but if we had a column on 'The white man says' - society would be scrambling over itself to label the later as racist

Yes you are right, but what is your point? Are you saying that LGBT people are being given preferential treatment?

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I think what some of the more "outraged on behalf" people are failing to grasp is that a lot of people just don't see anyone form the LGBTQ community as different to any other fan so don't really see the point of the article. Rightly or wrongly. Hey ho, the faux offended are out in force today, and as usual, getting hold of the wrong end of the stick.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Does it really need explaining?

'White, heterosexual male' has long been - since day one - the default setting for football's demographic, and still makes up the vast majority of the attending fanbase.

However, the OP has specifically asked for a perspective of watching football, as well as various aspects of football culture and commerce - from within and without - from an LGBTQ perspective in 21st century Britain. Asking a 'white, heterosexual male' to do that will sorely diminish the credibility of any such article.

The Albion Mag

Jan 23, 2017
We endeavour to give as many Albion fans a voice as possible, and be representative of the city from where the club takes its name.

The LGBTQ community make up a fifth of the city's population and are part of the fabric of this wonderful place.

We requested a writer - an Albion fan - from within that community to write a column.

Football is much bigger than just attending a game.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I think what some of the more "outraged on behalf" people are failing to grasp is that a lot of people just don't see anyone form the LGBTQ community as different to any other fan so don't really see the point of the article. Rightly or wrongly. Hey ho, the faux offended are out in force today, and as usual, getting hold of the wrong end of the stick.

Actually, it's you who has got the wrong end of the stick - persistently. You spectacularly miss the point, and have highlighted your own ocean of ignorance.

Your comment I've quoted is about the perspective of non-LGBTQ fans towards LGBTQ issues...

(a lot of people just don't see anyone form the LGBTQ community as different to any other fan).

No-one gives a shit about what non-LGBTQ fans think about LGBTQ fans - though this is your central point here. This is supposed to be about the issues within football as faced by LGBTQ fans, which - by your posts - you evidently neither know nor care about.

Nor do you have anything to do with the magazine as editor, article-writer, designer, printer nor reader. So why keep coming back to post your irrelevancies? Well done for the fact you've now made this thread all about you, rather than sensibly tackling any real issues.

No offence or faux-offence taken here - just exasperation at someone who keeps posting a comprehensive lack of understanding of the issues.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Yes you are right, but what is your point? Are you saying that LGBT people are being given preferential treatment?

I think, I may be wrong, the point is allot of groups demand equality but then segregate themselves, "I'm different and want equality as long as everyone notices I'm different" Shirley in this diverse culture we don't need to segregate ourselves just all get on, as I said before equality should be equal therefore no real need for any of these groups.

For the record I go to games with a gay man, he is my mate, at no point have I even asked or needed to ask "so what was your veiw of the game today, it's obviously very different from mine as you're gay, did you just look at the players muscular legs"

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Actually, it's you who has got the wrong end of the stick - persistently. You spectacularly miss the point, and have highlighted your own ocean of ignorance.

Your comment I've quoted is about the perspective of non-LGBTQ fans towards LGBTQ issues...

(a lot of people just don't see anyone form the LGBTQ community as different to any other fan).

No-one gives a shit about what non-LGBTQ fans think about LGBTQ fans - though this is your central point here. This is supposed to be about the issues within football as faced by LGBTQ fans, which - by your posts - you evidently neither know nor care about.

Nor do you have anything to do with the magazine as editor, article-writer, designer, printer nor reader. So why keep coming back to post your irrelevancies? Well done for the fact you've now made this thread all about you, rather than sensibly tackling any real issues.

No offence or faux-offence taken here - just exasperation at someone who keeps posting a comprehensive lack of understanding of the issues.

Shouldn't be any issues, it was a genuine request from the OP, it's the likes of Nipple peddling his views and you Al for biting, Nipple is sitting there right now quite literally pissing himself whilst you're blood pressure has gone from borderline to concerning [emoji23]

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006

So your viewpoint is that there is no issue with homophobia (or any other related form of discrimination) in football?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here