Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Looking for an Albion fan from the LGBTQ community

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I've got to apologise here. I'm not homophobic - really.

As for the "T's" - it must be truly horrible feeling trapped in a body of the wrong gender. We've got a hard-core of tranny men in Eastbourne who usually wander about during the day at weekends, and I've nothing but respect for them for having the guts to do it. The world has moved forward in that respect.

However, I'm afraid I love to take the piss. Anyone is fair game, even myself. The humour on this board is first class, and I regularly laugh out loud at inopportune moments when reading it.

So, sorry for taking the mick.

I still think it should be down to the author being good. Male, female, gay, straight - who cares? If the copy is good, I'll read it.

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I've got to apologise here. I'm not homophobic - really. Gay blokes are usually just that. Happy!

Live and let live. I've got lots of gay customers who are an absolute hoot, and it must be truly horrible feeling trapped in a body of the wrong gender. We've got a hard-core of tranny men in Eastbourne who usually wander about during the day at weekends, and I've nothing but respect for them for having the guts to do it. The world has moved forward in that respect.

However, I'm afraid I love to take the piss. Anyone is fair game, even myself. The humour on this board is first class, and I regularly laugh out loud at inopportune moments when reading it.

So, sorry for taking the mick.

I still think it should be down to the author being good. Male, female, gay, straight - who cares? If the copy is good, I'll read it.

What if there's a really good writer out there who's intimidated by "banter" like this and therefore doesn't come forward?

Find yourself a back copy & have a proper read and you'll find every possible angle is covered by writers from every background.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
If anyone is intimidated by this level of "banter" on a football forum, they need to find a different sport to follow...

Twenty years ago, this thread would have been met with astonishment, then an outpouring of vitriol and enthusiastic abuse.

Now, we're at piss-taking. A happy medium (and no, that's not Doris Stokes with a dildo).

The other end of the spectrum is us rallying to sign openly gay players, and all stewards to wear rainbow jackets.

I'm all for being "in the middle". Too far either way is stupid. We do too much of that these days...

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If anyone is intimidated by this level of "banter" on a football forum, they need to find a different sport to follow...

Twenty years ago, this thread would have been met with astonishment, then an outpouring of vitriol and enthusiastic abuse.

Now, we're at piss-taking. A happy medium (and no, that's not Doris Stokes with a dildo).

The other end of the spectrum is us rallying to sign openly gay players, and all stewards to wear rainbow jackets.

I'm all for being "in the middle". Too far either way is stupid. We do too much of that these days...

You've missed the point and I'm now at the stage of arguing on behalf of a friend's brand when I might be damaging it so I'll leave it there.

This thread might make an interesting column though....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
If you've nothing useful to say... probably not the thread for you. Good luck finding an appropriate writer. Although anyone reading this thread who fit the bill probably won't bother getting in touch now unfortunately.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have to question this:

So a straight heterosexual married with kids has an opinion not required ?

I have no knowledge of the OP's motivation but, at a guess, I think they want a different and specific viewpoint.

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Genuine question, if we have equality and there is no difference (apart from different sexual preference) why have a gay writer writing about football wouldn't it be the same as a straight person talking about football and why, when and how would the writers sexuality even come into it?? Or am I missing something, equality is equality Shirley?

I absolutely agree. All a bit odd.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I have no knowledge of the OP's motivation but, at a guess, I think they want a different and specific viewpoint.
That is correct - TAM aims to cover, and indeed succeeds in covering, our club and fanbase from a whole range of perspectives, as anyone who has read the magazine can attest.

The OP just wants to ensure that that range is maintained for future issues - if anyone reading this is interested, don't let the thread put you off. TAM is a great thing to be a part of. [emoji106]

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Intimidated, no. Embarrassed at times, certainly.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That is correct - TAM aims to cover, and indeed succeeds in covering, our club and fanbase from a whole range of perspectives, as anyone who has read the magazine can attest.

The OP just wants to ensure that that range is maintained for future issues - if anyone reading this is interested, don't let the thread put you off. TAM is a great thing to be a part of. [emoji106]

Thanks for clarifying. Hopefully this will answer a lot of the questions on here.

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
How varied an experience can football be from any perspective these days? Genuine question.

I suppose if they find the right person, I'll be able to read about it. Though as most on here know I'm not much interested in the bobbins and flummery of "football life", I'm more of a match man. Anything else is all really rather meaningless.

If you put a bit of money the clubs way by getting to matches when you can, go and cheer them on and can have a bit of a laugh with fellow fans then I couldn't really care less what your sexuality is or how it affects your life as a fan. No more interested in that than when Sid, four doors down last blew his nose.

Maybe I'm missing a big point here. I dunno.

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The world is a funny place. I watch with interest to see what happens to it.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Well this is going swimmingly.

I've only had two shags in the last 12 months.

My pending column has a fresh take on things

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here