Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Championship 17/18

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Why are people thinking Birmingham are a good shot? I think there is potential for Redknapp leaving early-mid season and then god-knows who the mental owners will bring in. Someone famous that's all I know.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I'm going for P-Diddy.

Great minds. It's VERY likely to be a rapper / hip hop producer type-of-guy. I was actually going to suggest Kanye, they could have Yeezy-designed shirts, would be brilliant listening to the madness Kanye would come up with during interviews.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I'll watch it as I watch most footy that's on TV if I'm free. Whether I'll care, per se, is another thing.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Trying to decide who I think might win it. Of the three relegated sides I reckon Boro have the best shot but I think one of Norwich or Villa will do it. Leaning towards Villa.

Villa are my tip to win it this year. Bruce has steadied the ship and knows how to get out of this league and on their day has plenty of goals in Kodjia and Hogan (when fit) IMHO

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Still a great league, so many big clubs with good support. Loved almost every moment of us being in it in recent years, still hard to believe it's going to be even better this season.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
I'll certainly still be watching it and here's why:

1. It's a much better league than the Premier because it's so competitive and therefore much more interesting.
2. At least a couple of self-styled 'massive' teams will fall apart as per normal and that''s hugely entertaining to watch. One of my guilty pleasures in life is logging in to Waccoe, Owlstalk, Ramstalk etc etc after they've just lost to a last-minute Burton goal or had yet another manager sacked for no apparent reason. Lovely stuff.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Don't really give a monkeys about it. It's not a league the team I support will be in. If we get relegated then I'll pay attention to it and if we had two relegations then I'll be interested in league one. Same as last year, apart from recording and racing through the highlights on Match of The Day, my only interest in the Premier League was hoping Palace would fall out of the botttom!!!

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I'm a non-season ticket holder, only a bronze member. Hopefully I'll be able to get a ticket for a few Albion games.
Meanwhile I'm waiting for the release of Bognor's National South fixtures on 5th July.

And if I can't watch The Rocks or Brighton, I'll be heading to watch Fulham, purely because it's entertaining and easy to get a ticket.
Possibly watching Fulham v Norwich on 5th August and Fulham v Massive on 19th August.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Love e championship and will be tuning in :)

Championship games are far more openly competitive in most instances. Often making it a better spectacle.

The top 7 in the PL look set to be there for years, with each embarking on £100m to £250m spending sprees this summer. Making results for the 13 others, against the 7, increasingly hard to come by. Spuds spending £100m's to thrash Swansea or Bournemouth at home is no contest.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I thoroughly enjoyed the Championship. A brilliant balance of decent football (on the whole) and proper fans.

Now we're at 'big school' it'll be interesting to see how much the dynamic changes.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I thoroughly enjoyed the Championship. A brilliant balance of decent football (on the whole) and proper fans.

Now we're at 'big school' it'll be interesting to see how much the dynamic changes.

It will be nice to watch from afar, without the vested interest stress, with a dozen 'we are entitled to PL status' clubs, punching themselves to a standstill in a 46 match marathon.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
The Championship is a fantastic division and I will miss it. I'll be keeping a very close eye. Hoping tossers like Leeds, Massive, Naarich, fail miserably.

Also hoping Villa and Forest go straight up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here