Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oliver burke

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Leipzig finished second last year and he was a regular, albeit from the subs bench. So I can't see how it would be a loan.

I'll file this in the 'pinch of salt' category.

Best to check original sources before publishing.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Shame as I would love him in the side. We are going to need some real pace on the break and he had tons of it

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
That was on a spurious twitter sight renowned for posting bollocks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen it in quite a few places. Also being reported by The Mirror now:

Premier League new boys Huddersfield and Brighton are interested in taking Oliver Burke on loan.
Scottish international youngster Burke, 20, moved to Germany last August from Nottingham Forest for £13million on a five-year contract.
His club RB Leipzig finishedsecond and qualified for the Champions League but Burke made just five Bundesliga starts.
Now both Huddersfield and Brighton are interested in bringing Burke back to England on a season-long loan.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Yet another player linked that's currently playing in Germany.

Looked superb last year though so it would be a big yes from me, though I think somewhat unlikely given what has been written above.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
U21. So, is there any limit to the number of U21 loanees we can have? Burke, Tomori, Tammy and Gomez - and none of them counting towards our maximum allowance of two loanees? That wouldn't be bad, would it?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
As I understand it with loan system

"The only slight difference in regulation is that Football League clubs can only name five loan players on their teamsheets whereas the Premier League has no restriction."

The big thing is 2 players from one single club. Not just on the field but total deals. So 2 from Chelsea, 2 from Liverpool etc.

I keep seeing people post about 2 total loans next season but everything I can find goes against that. Are people just repeating what they read on NSC?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

"The only slight difference in regulation is that Football League clubs can only name five loan players on their teamsheets whereas the Premier League has no restriction."

The big thing is 2 players from one single club. Not just on the field but total deals. So 2 from Chelsea, 2 from Liverpool etc.

I keep seeing people post about 2 total loans next season but everything I can find goes against that. Are people just repeating what they read on NSC?
The PL rules, downloadable in the league guide from the PL website, state clearly that only 2 loans in total are permittable from other clubs at any one time.

Here's a small snippet from the rulebook ( in the below a temporary transfer relates to being between 2 English clubs ) :

"V.7.5. the maximum number of Temporary Transfers to any one Club registrable
in the same Season shall be four and in no circumstances shall more than
one be from the same Transferor Club at any one time save there shall be
excluded from these numbers any Temporary Transfer of the kind described
in V.7.6.1 or V.7.6.2;
V.7.6. not more than two Temporary Transfers shall be registered by a Club at the
same time
except that there shall be excluded from that number:
V.7.6.1. any Temporary Transfer which become permanent; and
V.7.6.2. the Temporary Transfer of a goalkeeper which in its absolute
discretion the Board may allow in circumstances it considers to be
exceptional;"

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
:rock:

Last edited:

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing

Yes

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
The PL rules, downloadable in the league guide from the PL website, state clearly that only 2 loans in total are permittable from other clubs at any one time.

Here's a small snippet from the rulebook :

"V.7.5. the maximum number of Temporary Transfers to any one Club registrable
in the same Season shall be four and in no circumstances shall more than
one be from the same Transferor Club at any one time save there shall be
excluded from these numbers any Temporary Transfer of the kind described
in V.7.6.1 or V.7.6.2;
V.7.6. not more than two Temporary Transfers shall be registered by a Club at the
same time
except that there shall be excluded from that number:
V.7.6.1. any Temporary Transfer which become permanent; and
V.7.6.2. the Temporary Transfer of a goalkeeper which in its absolute
discretion the Board may allow in circumstances it considers to be
exceptional;"

The limit of 2 loan players only applies to domestic loans, players moving from abroad on loan are considered full transfers. The football league closed this loophole a few seasons ago after Watford borrowed pretty much an entire squad from Udinese. The PL has left the exception in place.

Burke would not count towards any loan limit as he's moving from a German club.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The limit of 2 loan players only applies to domestic loans, players moving from abroad on loan are considered full transfers. The football league closed this loophole a few seasons ago after Watford borrowed pretty much an entire squad from Udinese. The PL has left the exception in place.

Burke would not count towards any loan limit as he's moving from a German club.
Indeed. I couldn't be bothered to copy and paste the definition of a 'Temporary Transfer' as well, but it is as you indicate.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I've seen it in quite a few places. Also being reported by The Mirror now:

Premier League new boys Huddersfield and Brighton are interested in taking Oliver Burke on loan.
Scottish international youngster Burke, 20, moved to Germany last August from Nottingham Forest for £13million on a five-year contract.
His club RB Leipzig finishedsecond and qualified for the Champions League but Burke made just five Bundesliga starts.
Now both Huddersfield and Brighton are interested in bringing Burke back to England on a season-long loan.

i think the Mirror must just recycle the same article over and over . In january they had Boro and Palace after Oliver Burke in January willing to pay £13m
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/crystal-palace-middlesbrough-eye-oliver-9669461

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
palace target signs for West Brom. :lol:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Marshy...who is the beautiful lady?

Could it be Zora Suleman?