Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thomas Delaney

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
We moved on from this guy as soon as we made a bid for McNair, saving Tony £10m+ which our recruitment team will no doubt stretch into some more gems that have yet to be leaked.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Wanted Prem but will have to watch it on the TV like the rest of us .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Shame. Think his driving style of play was ideal for us. Never mind. We
move on. Always the same when it becomes too public that we are interested. :shrug:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We moved on from this guy as soon as we made a bid for McNair, saving Tony £10m+ which our recruitment team will no doubt stretch into some more gems that have yet to be leaked.
McNair plays as Defensive Midfield. Delaney is Central Attacking midfield, so they were players for different positions.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
And Delaney last season played in a deeper role for Werder
I'm on a mobile, so too difficult to do the links, but if anyone is interested check out the player positional charts on Transfermkt.com for McNair and Delaney, and the difference becomes obvious.

McNair plays in a more defensive position than Delaney - they are not like for like.

Johnny RoastBeef

Jan 11, 2016
They are both box to box midfielders, something we have been lacking.

Johnny RoastBeef

Jan 11, 2016
I'm on a mobile, so too difficult to do the links, but if anyone is interested check out the player positional charts on Transfermkt.com for McNair and Delaney, and the difference becomes obvious.

McNair plays in a more defensive position than Delaney - they are not like for like.

Transfermkt.com is wrong, as usual.

Bundesliga.com describes Delaney as a box to box midfielder.

The local Sunderland newspaper the Chronicle describes McNair as a box to box midfielder.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Transfermkt.com is wrong, as usual.

Bundesliga.com describes Delaney as a box to box midfielder.

The local Sunderland newspaper the Chronicle describes McNair as a box to box midfielder.
If we are talking 'local paper' then Naylor describes Delaney and McNair as 'different types of midfielders'.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/alb...could_add_goals_to_Albion_s_midfield_options/

I believe it is perfectly possible that we were looking to recruit both together - a somewhat moot point now as we will never know.

Last edited:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I can hear that large Dortmund lady singing now... via Bild.

delaney.png

Johnny RoastBeef

Jan 11, 2016
If we are talking 'local paper' then Naylor describes Delaney and McNair as 'different types of midfielders'.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/alb...could_add_goals_to_Albion_s_midfield_options/

I believe it is perfectly possible that we were looking to recruit both together - a somewhat moot point now as we will never know.

Having only seen limited footage of both, I got the impression that McNair is a more defensive option, but having just done Squawka comparison, it appears that Delaney is In fact the more capable defensively. McNair has the better offensive stats. I standby the opinion that they both play a box to box style, as opposed to Dale Stephens and Davey Propper who both like to opperate within a narrow centre mid area, probably under instruction.

image.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here