Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thomas Delaney

Gluteus Maximus

Jul 10, 2003
Trumpton
Totally underwhelming for me. Have lived in Copenhagen for 20 years and followed Danish football closely and seen Delaney live in all kinds of games from league, Champions League and National team. He is no better than what we have in Stephens and Kayal. Runs a lot but no flair at all. Probably fits in fine with the work ethic of the Bundesliga, but think we need a bit more. Yes a good alternative to Mooy, but if you are thinking he will do a lot more than your standard coached play then you will be disappointed. Also highly unlikely that Bremen will sell. Other than Eriksen or Kasper Dolberg there are no Danes I would have in my team...

est.83

Dec 6, 2003
Estonia
Totally underwhelming for me. Have lived in Copenhagen for 20 years and followed Danish football closely and seen Delaney live in all kinds of games from league, Champions League and National team. He is no better than what we have in Stephens and Kayal. Runs a lot but no flair at all. Probably fits in fine with the work ethic of the Bundesliga, but think we need a bit more. Yes a good alternative to Mooy, but if you are thinking he will do a lot more than your standard coached play then you will be disappointed. Also highly unlikely that Bremen will sell. Other than Eriksen or Kasper Dolberg there are no Danes I would have in my team...

I do not understand the fuzz either. Having watched couple of Bremen matches last season I do not even remember him being on the pitch. He just managed 13 matches in BL and his record was 5W-7L-1T so I am not sure he was the one being responsible for getting struggling Bremen to survive (they managed to rise to the 8th position but at the same time they were just 8 points clear of relegation play-off spot).

There were 2 players on Werder squad last season that got me excited to a certain extent: Serge Gnabry and Max Kruse (15 goals, 7 assists) but not Delaney.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Signed him on Football Manager to play alongside Dale Stephens and Kayal and he was mustard. Definite yes from me...

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I do not understand the fuzz either. Having watched couple of Bremen matches last season I do not even remember him being on the pitch. He just managed 13 matches in BL and his record was 5W-7L-1T so I am not sure he was the one being responsible for getting struggling Bremen to survive (they managed to rise to the 8th position but at the same time they were just 8 points clear of relegation play-off spot).

There were 2 players on Werder squad last season that got me excited to a certain extent: Serge Gnabry and Max Kruse (15 goals, 7 assists) but not Delaney.

He only joined them in January, that maybe why he only made 13 appearances.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

To be fair Stephens is worth about £8-10mil in the current market. Those functional players are very important, even if people don't always notice what they do, there's still plenty of Albion fans who think Dale is average!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here