Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thomas Delaney

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Nothing in that article makes me think this will happen soon if at all. Bremen have only had him 5mins so will be able to resist anything but silly money IMHO.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
...and Koeman bid 4.5m for him last year, so assume that others will be sniffing around if Everton were interested.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
They paid £5m for him in January. As it stands he will probably only move if he says he wants to and the price is likely to be over £10m with possible add one to take it as high as £15m.

Now I would say in the current market he may well be worth all of that but it certainly qualifies as silly money!

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I trust CH to build a team to survive first and build from the back as its no good having good strikers if we can't defend or create chances.
We must have patience. I been watching the Albion since 1963 so no rush:love: the :albion:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
delaney.png

here's that Sun article from last night.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/foot...1m-bid-and-saying-midfielder-is-not-for-sale/

"Chris Hughton wants to boost his central midfield area and has been a long-term admirer of Delaney.
The Brighton boss was keen to bring the 25-year-old to the Amex in January while he was still at FC Copenhagen.
Watford were also interested in signing him then but Delaney ended up joining Bremen in the Bundesliga.
But SunSport understands the Frederiksberg-born ace was very impressed with the project down on the South Coast.
And now Albion are in the top flight, he would be eager to swap life in Germany for the Premier League."

If it happens then there's every chance it could be the most expensive Danish player ever . Erikssen was c13.5m Euros when he moved to Spurs in 2013.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Frederiksberg-born ace was very impressed with the project down on the South Coast.

My assumption is that he has already seen the Amex, Lancing and City but was put off previously by a lack of Premier League status. The lad has obviously fallen for us and hopefully, it won't be too long before he is posing in the stripes to Hazlewood & his camera. With Mooy & Hughes out the picture, this one needs to go through.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
My assumption is that he has already seen the Amex, Lancing and City but was put off previously by a lack of Premier League status. The lad has obviously fallen for us and hopefully, it won't be too long before he is posing in the stripes to Hazlewood & his camera. With Mooy & Hughes out the picture, this one needs to go through.

That's kind of how I read it as well. With Gross there as well saying how much he loves it, this will certainly help. AN rarely prints stuff that speculates as they like to say as the Argus said previously when the signing happens! He appears to be a top target, Mooybhas gone to uddersfield so expect this to be forced through....I'd imagine Suttner will suddenly sign soon too following change of heart from both clubs re fees.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
With Hunemeier and Groß and potentially Delaney and Suttner to follow our incursion into the Bundesliga looks to be reaping rewards.

Hope the latter two follow and who knows what other potential gems there are to be signed from German football.

I'm sure it must help new signings if there are already German-based players already here - who knows what influence they have.

Reminds me a little of the Spanish players we signed under Poyet etc.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I trust CH to build a team to survive first and build from the back as its no good having good strikers if we can't defend or create chances.
We must have patience. I been watching the Albion since 1963 so no rush:love: the :albion:

I agree we need to be solid, but I'd also say the 3 lowest scorers in the league last year were all relegated. A goal scorer is a must

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
Slightly off topic...Why has no club reportedly gone in for Cairney, head and shoulders better than Mooy and imo just ahead of Stephens! Newcastle apparently bid last season with £20m.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Possibly answered your own question? Cairney fee and wages far in excess if overseas players. 2 Mooy for 1 Cairney, is he that much better?
Slightly off topic...Why has no club reportedly gone in for Cairney, head and shoulders better than Mooy and imo just ahead of Stephens! Newcastle apparently bid last season with £20m.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Exciting times. Great to be involved in this type of link, even if it doesn't come off.

Is any pratt gonna maintain a 'hold the nerve' stance on this one?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Last season Duffy was identified as a target of ours quite early in the window, then it went very quiet, and we eventually signed him at the end of August,with a bit of forcing the issue from him.
This maybe the same scenario, usually, if a player wants to go, they go,(unless their name is Stephens)

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
The thing being that " that much" better is irrelevant other than in relation to VFM and budgets.
Just "better" is all that matters on the pitch.

It's why the top few clubs are prepared to spend silly money to hoover in the very best.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
The thing being that " that much" better is irrelevant other than in relation to VFM and budgets.

It's why the top few clubs are prepared to spend silly money to hoover in the very best.
The " top few clubs" can afford to spend silly money. Albion or Huddeersfield have a budget that is tiny, even compared to Bournemouths. That is why spending £10m on Mooy or Delaney makes much more sense than £20m on Cainey. Although he maybe the better player is he twice the player? Simply frees up another £10m for a further player.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Really hope we get this deal signed.

Our 2 premium signings are another central midfielder and 1 of the incoming strikers, and it would be so good to tick 1 off the list.

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North

Exactly. A £20m pound player shouldnt be twice as good as a £10m player, he should just be better. Paul Pogba ?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
The " top few clubs" can afford to spend silly money. Albion or Huddeersfield have a budget that is tiny, even compared to Bournemouths. That is why spending £10m on Mooy or Delaney makes much more sense than £20m on Cainey. Although he maybe the better player is he twice the player? Simply frees up another £10m for a further player.

You miss the point.
"Twice the player?" has no relevance whatsoever.
"Not as good/as good/better" are what count.
"What we can afford?" is a separate question.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here