Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thomas Delaney

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Did the Argus article follow the "Mooy signs for Hudders".....explaining he was not our main target?
No it was the other way round.

The argus ran the 'albion have preferred targets' story before Mooy signed for Huddersfield.

I suspect something has gone on behind the scenes and the albion were so positive about getting Delaney that they dropped their interest with Mooy leaving him the easy decision to take Huddersfield's offer.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
If Huddersfield have really spent the best part of £20m on Mooy and Ince then £20m to get Delaney looks like it would be good business.

Wages aside, if you get a £20m player on a 4 year deal, that's only £5m amortisation per year. Or "buttons" in the grand PL scheme of things....

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
No it was the other way round.

The argus ran the 'albion have preferred targets' story before Mooy signed for Huddersfield.

I suspect something has gone on behind the scenes and the albion were so positive about getting Delaney that they dropped their interest with Mooy leaving him the easy decision to take Huddersfield's offer.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/15378402.Albion_cooling_their_interest_in_Mooy/

'Albion have cooled their interest in Aaron Mooy.

Manchester City’s Australian international is not the Seagulls’ No.1 central midfield target, The Argus understands.'

yep

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
We need both, it is not really 'either-or'.

Get Delaney, and then we are (nearly) there in midfield given that Norwood and Ince may be elsewhere next season.

I'm assuming we'll be playing 4-5-1 more often than not, which kind of implies we'll need 6 central midfielders in the 25-man squad. With Stephens, Gross, Kayal and Sidwell certainties, that leaves two and I expect it will be one new signing plus Norwood.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I'm assuming we'll be playing 4-5-1 more often than not, which kind of implies we'll need 6 central midfielders in the 25-man squad. With Stephens, Gross, Kayal and Sidwell certainties, that leaves two and I expect it will be one new signing plus Norwood.
Could be, but there was an article about us being happy to consider offers for Norwood as he wanted game time ahead of world cup qualifiers, and he isn't guaranteed it here.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Here was me getting excited that this thread had been bounced for a legitimate reason.

I guess i'll bounce it back up again so others can feel the same disappointment.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Up our offer please Tony

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This will happen. I feel it in my water. Faversham wine lake water. :O

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here