Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trains not running between HH and Brighton until possibily 18.30

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Trains now running through PRP but there is a 5mph speed restriction for a short section of line just north of the station affecting al trains running south. Expect knock on delays too.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Everything's stopped at Hayward's Heath. Nothing moving due to traffic in front of us. Going to be a very long evening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Genuine question, were there these problems before continuous welded rails were introduced?

D

Deleted User X18H

It's baking around here. It's very low down, where the railway track is. No breeze . And it's in the dip of the hills of Preston Drove The Drove.

I stood in South Road tunnel for a while today. Glorious.

markw

Aug 28, 2009
Genuine question, were there these problems before continuous welded rails were introduced?
Yes it makes no difference, it still controls rail expansion/contraction with correct joint gap settings but they have to cover a wide range of temperatures.
Currently in Sussex there are numerous sites of CWR and jointed rail being assessed and when they reach a predetermined temperature then watchmen are deployed.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Yes it makes no difference, it still controls rail expansion/contraction with correct joint gap settings but they have to cover a wide range of temperatures.
Currently in Sussex there are numerous sites of CWR and jointed rail being assessed and when they reach a predetermined temperature then watchmen are deployed.
Thank you!

The Clamp

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Hot weather causes railway meltdown

Yesterday was stuck a Preston Park for over 2 hours til I binned it off and got a train. Signals malfunctioning in heat. I have no doubt they were. One would think with our exorbitant ticket prices some of that could be put bacon into the infrastructure to weatherproof the equipment?

Christ, we can build a beautiful green golf course in the middle of a desert, we can send humans to the depths of the ocean in pressure tight submarines but we can't stop a train signal overheating?

More of the same today I've no doubt.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Yesterday was stuck a Preston Park for over 2 hours til I binned it off and got a train. Signals malfunctioning in heat. I have no doubt they were. One would think with our exorbitant ticket prices some of that could be put bacon into the infrastructure to weatherproof the equipment?

Christ, we can build a beautiful green golf course in the middle of a desert, we can send humans to the depths of the ocean in pressure tight submarines but we can't stop a train signal overheating?

It's a pig isn't it? :wink:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

'Binned it off'?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yesterday was stuck a Preston Park for over 2 hours til I binned it off and got a train.

Its this bit I don't quite get.

You were stuck at PP for 2 hours...so you gave up and got a train. Huh ? ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here