Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sam Baldock has signed a new three-year deal

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Yep. As long as player(s) give their all, I don't think we have too much right to complain. We are going into completely unknown territory next season, and non of us will know until we have got through a few games, which players will be able to take to the Premier League, and which won't.

So far too early to start making judgements. Not that that will stop people from doing so of course!

Indeed. People will moan if we sign players as they are not what they wanted and they will moan if we don't sign players (same applies re new contracts).

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Nope. And none too brave in the tackle either. Tho he runs around a lot. So that's OK, he's good to go for NSC for a while. Til the hard of thinking finally realise he's not actually a lot of use to us.

It must be difficult being such a superior thinker to anyone with a different opinion to you. Points to a very healthy mental constitution.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
The new contract tells me what to expect for the coming season, its about defence and CH will set up from the back, strange we don't seem to be getting many takers for a strikers role. We must become realistic and look forward to a season on the backfoot and try to emulate the Leicester set up and performance of 2015/2016.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Currently I have grave concerns re our loyalty to our current squad, as many over the course of a premier league season... well I fear they might not make the grade.

Time will tell, but I reckon we have £20 million set aside for purchases - now £15M. Make no mistake Bong, Baldock et al are going to be much more than bench/cup tie players.

Add £5 million and then double it.

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
Deeply disappointing. Waste of a squad number at the level we aim to be playing at.Sorry to buck the gormless hivemind and all that.

Incredibly annoying to read these throwaway, flippant comments about players that have got us there in the first place. Who do I trust? You or Hughton? Have a guess.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
To be fair I'd rather keep baldock and get rid of Murray and hemed and sign 2/3 new strikers as don't see Murray or hemed doing much next season what's so ever and I think we're tying up players in case the inevitable relegation happens.
Like baldock and he's at a good age so not too disappointed....The Murray contract was hideous and would presume he will be a part of something as he wasn't good enough for palace or Bournemouth in the prem.

Your right, lets get rid of our top scorer, full of experience, a leader on the pitch, commited to the tackle, last scored against Chelsea in the Premier League and keep an injury prone bloke that doesn't score a lot and runs around a lot. Come on look at the facts and stop making silly points in the defence of the indefencable.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Good news. He has proven to be a top four championship player, and history tells us that the bottom six or seven of the premier league is only marginally better. We now need to sign that special player that can make the difference against the other 13 premier league teams.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
A useful squad player and nothing more. Good to see him signing an extension

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Megazone;7989806[B said:
]I think he will struggle the most out [/B]of our squad.

I don't think he's good enough to be starting in the Prem.

????????

More than a 37 year old Bruno? More than Sidwell or Norwood?! More than Bong or Goldson or Skalek or Murphy or even Murray?! This guy runs about like a ****ing lunatic and has the technical ability to score worldy.
I don't get what people want. We look lost without him last year.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
????????

More than a 37 year old Bruno? More than Sidwell or Norwood?! More than Bong or Goldson or Skalek or Murphy or even Murray?! This guy runs about like a ****ing lunatic and has the technical ability to score worldy.
I don't get what people want. We look lost without him last year.

Funny how people are saying that on the day he gets a contract extension. I'd never heard that before?

I'm confident he'll be on the bench for most of next season.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Great news. We were pretty toothless without him at times last last season. If his rate of improvement continues he'll be a valuable squad member at least.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Pleased he signed, but surely cover for someone better.

Movement is first class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here