Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sam Baldock has signed a new three-year deal

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Seem to recall he got shipped straight out at West Ham when they went up.Deserves a chance but just don't think he will be up to it.

He's improved massively in the 3 years he's been with us, let alone the 5 years since he was at West Ham. Peak of his career and last season showed a massive leap in confidence in his own ability. Wise move by the club, deserves a bit of faith from the fans which I think he will earn back.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Love Sam. Love his goal celebrations. Hope to see many more in the PL next season and beyond...

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Went to every Amex game. Saw most of the away games on the telly.

OK, I KNOW there's ten thousand posters or whatever on here, and based on the numbers there's always going to be some folks arguing til their dying breath that, say, CMS or COG were the answer, and Baldock or Hemed ARE the answer 'if we play to their strengths'. Doesn't make them any less wrong tho. Disappointing that we're once more retaining the donkey strikers. The decent ones always FLY out the door.

Trip to the opticians then perhaps?

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
I would have thought him an option to come off the bench maybe, but for the Premier League I hope we are intending to sign two striker options.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Didn't realise/had forgotten he was a Hyypia acquisition! Wow, so it wasn't all negative.

Stephens and Stockdale must be heartbroken that you don't rate them.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I have no opinion on this.

I have but I am likely to be picked up on it. Still here goes....

( I think he is a squad player at the very best...we are up against some of the best defenders in the world...he struggled against championship defenders...we need very good to excellent strikers with premier experience....even Murray was dumped by palace and Bournemouth, and he is miles better than baldock)

Still who knows..he may turn out to be messi in disguise

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005

( I think he is a squad player at the very best...we are up against some of the best defenders in the world...he struggled against championship defenders...we need very good to excellent strikers with premier experience....even Murray was dumped by palace and Bournemouth, and he is miles better than baldock)

He is a different type of player than Murray though?

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Very happy. Prefer players like Sam than money grabbing mercenaries any day. It's what makes us as a club.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

He can move quickly into space and accelerate in a way GM can only dream of doing though :smile:

They are very different types of player and depending who we sign may both end up as squad players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here